Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found another truck, but sold just before I got there

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DesertDueler, Apr 1, 2003.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I found a 91 GMC suburban today. 3/4 ton 4x4 with the 4L80E tranny and only 115,000 miles. Only $3,500. All ready, get the money out of the bank, and it gets sold /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I still have no vehicle and it is driving me crazy. So if anyone in AZ can help me out, I need a 4x4 truck that is in great shape for under $4,000. The insurance is screwing me over on my burb that got stolen.

Dan

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

You dont have to take the first offer from the insurance company! Tell them you are willing to fight them in court if needed and they should make a better offer.

3. DesertDueler

I know, but they havent even made me an offer yet /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Who knows how long this is going to take.

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Make them get you a rental vehicle. When I got deep trunked in my old truck their first offer to me was 1800 bucks w/ a buyback of 1000 on the truck. I had a rental car on them for almost a month, and when we finally settled I got 4800 for my truck (74 F250) and bought it back for like 82 bucks or something crazy like that. Dealing w/ an insurance company is just like dealing w/ a used car salesman...they are trying to keep as much $$ in their pockets as possible.

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey what insurance company do you have.
    I agree, fight them. Print up a bunch of ads showing that your burb is worth way more than what they want to give you for it.
    Collect all your receipts.
    AAA sucks!
    I'd raise hell. My dad only got $2500 for totaling out his '77 chevy 4x4... what do you think they'd want to give me for my '72!? It's almost not even worth it to pay for full coverage.
    I'm looking into getting different insurance where theres an agreed amount your vehicles are worth and that is the amount you'd get paid out for a totaled vehicle. I want to do this for both of my toys. It should be cheaper considering i drive less than 1000 miles a year on my camaro.

6. DesertDueler

I have state farm. The first claim that I had to do with them, they hassled me a little on my 86 Jimmy that I rolled. They offered 3,500. I gave them reciepts of everything it had, and they gave me $7,800 for it, and I bought it back for $500. It took about three weeks, but they gave me an offer within a week. Its been a week and a half and they havent even called me back, I left messages, and talked to my agant, and they havent even totaled it yet, or made an offer /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif In my contract about the rental car, they pay $20 a day for a car, but if I dont get one, then they credit me $10 a day. I am trying to hold out as much as possible on the reantl since I am not working.

Dan