Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

found brush guards cheap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85chevy4x4, May 16, 2002.

1. 85chevy4x4

85chevy4x4 Registered Member

I was searching for a brush guard for my 85 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 on ebay and came across some chrome brush guards for 150 bucks shipping included. I went to the companies website and they look like very nice brush guards. The website is www.sportztrailers.com. I don't know how they sell them so cheap. I looked at the 91 and up brush guards and they sell for 295 and look exactly the same. Do you think the brush guards are worth 150 bucks?

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I don't see the ones for an '85 on their website. Do you have a direct link to that one?

Personally, I'd stay away from the chrome, unless you really enjoy trying to keep rust at bay. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif The black ones are easy to touch up from time to time with a bit of black Rustoleum. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. 85chevy4x4

The website is www.sportztrailers.com They make the brushguards for 81-87. It says right at the top. I don't see any black ones for sale. I think the chrome would look awesome if you keep it clean all the time.

4. HarryH3

5. 85chevy4x4

Why do you think they are so cheap? Even the used ones on ebay sell for more than those do. I am really conisidering ordering one. I need something to protect my new billet grille when I'm wheeling.

6. HarryH3

Part of it is that they are not one-piece. Looks like they come in a small box, with "some assembly required". /forums/images/icons/wink.gif That style is usually much cheaper. I saw some one-piece guards on E-bay for $229, but they also have an $85 shipping fee! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif And that's to a business address. It's another $65 on top of that to have it delivered to your door. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

7. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i dont know, but looking at them, how do they attach? looks like all they do is bolt to the bumper but i dont know.