Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found Dana 60...now have newbie (guest) questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jna, Jan 25, 2004.

1. jna

jna Registered Member

Ok...i have a 96 F250 w/ the split dana 55 TTB b.s. I found an older ford kingpin style dana 60 this afternoon /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Will my hub assembly fit on this?? It would be nice to use my old rotors and brakes. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. What should I do from here? The steering knuckle is cracked on one side, but i will tear into it this week to check it out.

Also, if I am going to have to buy new stuff, what is the concensus on the best place?

Thanks guys!!!

jared anderson
    tucson az
    u of a civil engr
    ford f250 powerstroke

2. jna

jna Registered Member

ooops, not a ford site huh?? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif This just came up in google when i was wanting info on the kingpin dana 60...sorry!!

3. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think that there are a few Furds lurking about here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifWelcome to CK5

4. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

To the best of my knowledge the hubs and rotors off of a TTB Dana 50 will work on a K/P 60 . I know that they both( TTB50 & 60's ) use the same SBK3 ( spindle bearing kit ) inner spindle bearings and seals . The spindle might also interchange but I don't know if it uses the TTB Dana 44 style bolt pattern to attatch it to the knuckle or the larger Dana 60 pattern ???
    Hope this helps a little . /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good luck , Tom

5. jna

jna Registered Member

Man that would be great, thanks for the info. You cant beat finding a 300 d60 in front of a big pecan farm maintainace shop, but being able to use my brakes would be cool too! Thanks for the help guys.

jna