Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found deal on Orbital Batteries.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Moose, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Hey Sunvalley Battery 623-582-6547 has a bunch of Blem Red Top Orbital batteries selling for $50.00. These are the gel filled and have the post so you can add you acc. too. Give them a call ask for Sean or Don. There in Phx, Az /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

not a bad price but isnt the yellow top better? i am getting a blue top that is made by another company. When I get it on Saturday I will post its specs.. has a better warranty than OPTIMA and is only $135

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Are they marked any differently then standard red tops? I already have a redtop with a warranty threw Azone. I want to run some Dual bats but I would like a bat under warranty.

Harley

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Are they marked any differently then standard red tops? I already have a redtop with a warranty threw Azone. I want to run some Dual bats but I would like a bat under warranty.

Harley

[/ QUOTE ]

from what I saw the CCA sucked.. like 700cold crankin amps.. the bluetop im lookin at is like 950 /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You don't need 900 amps of current to start your truck anyway. "CCA" is all marketing hype.

6. Xtreme Off-Road

Xtreme Off-Road Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    You don't need 900 amps of current to start your truck anyway. "CCA" is all marketing hype.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think so. Winters up here in canada will go down to -40, and that is when the "cold" cranking amps really count.

7. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Summers down here will melt the posts off of a battery. So it is more of CCA are more of chilly cranking amps not cold.

8. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I use to run two 1050 cold cranking amp batteries together. Coldest days of the winter and mine would crank right over but my neighbors brand new fuel injected truck wouldn't start.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think so. Winters up here in canada will go down to -40, and that is when the "cold" cranking amps really count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here it gets plenty cold in winter. I've always had good batteries but I've had customers with some pretty crappy batteries and they seem to start the vehicles just fine.

Keep in mind that the plates in the battery must be thinner to provide more current from a battery with the same phsycial size case.

Most of us here are using a group size 78 battery and the difference between the durability of an 875 CCA group 78 and a 1000 CCA model is pretty significant.

Comparing two batteries of the same physcial size, theoretically the one with lower CCA's is more durable and should last longer.

The warranty will probably be better on the latter though.

10. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Hossbaby, I think they are missing the sticker or something. Give them a call talk to Sean today. As for CCA i donn't know what they would be but I have always used the redtops in daily drivers and in the race truck. I know that they sell a lot of them at the regular price. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif