Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

found - factory pickup bucket seats

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by raptorparts, Apr 15, 2005.

1. raptorparts

raptorparts Registered Member

i found some factory buckets in a 75 pickup at the local boneyard. They are rough but redoable. There is no console. Does anyone know if a blazer console will work??

wonder what it would cost to redo these things? They look just like blazer buckets except for the tracks, wonder if the seats are the same? the foam and everything will need to be replaced.

wonder how rare they are? this is the first i've ever seen.

Thanks in adavance for any help!

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

like these? ha ha:D got mine from a friend and thay are the same color i needed. dont forget to get the bracket from the floor as you can see from my pics for the center frt support . if you cant then burban bracket is the same. and from what i have been told the blazer seats fit but might need to drill a hole or two . goodluck i like my seats much better now.

bucket seats 003.jpg

bucket seats 002.jpg

bucket seats 001.jpg

3. raptorparts

wish i could open the pics...

wonder what i should pay for the seats?

what do you like better about them?

4. sweetk30

what is your email address i will send them to you. and once you see the seats i got with dubble arm rests and plush seats thats why i like them.

5. raptorparts

thanks for the offer....

these are the old style seats, no headrest or armrest - totally old school. they look tiny inside the truck lol. the area betwen the seats is HUGE.......

i saw the brackets for the inboard mounts and was wondering if i should make some instead of trying to cut them out.

the guy isn't to sure about selling them as he might restore the truck (holding out for the best price). thats why i was wondering what a set might go for if i decide to pass on these. i've got a high option truck and would like the novelty of it more than anything but if they aren't to difficult to find, i might pass on these and wait for some nicer ones..

whadya think.....

6. sweetk30

in my area vary hard to find correct factory buckets. i have only seen 3-4 sets in my time and i am 26 and in the auto biss. so if thay are the correct style for your year then get them if thay are what you want. and seats are easy to redo with the kits out these days.

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I had factory buckets once..

I had a 74 GMC "High Sierra" 1/2 ton 2wd truck with a factory 454 and it had bucket seats factory--I put K5 seats in it,by bolting them to the factory tracks that came on the original buckets(they were pretty ratty,previous owners dog chewed them up some!)...The Blazer seats looked identical,the tracks went on with no modifications,but I suspect thats because I was lucky to have found a Blazer the same year with decent seats...different years probably will not bolt right up,but can be adapted easily...

I've seen only a handful of factory bucket seat equipped trucks too,and I'm 46--seen lots of trucks over the years!..I even sold the old buckets at a swap meet for 50 bucks,and the guy was glad to get them(he offered ME the money,never even asked how much I wanted!--so I guess that shows they are pretty rare!--he wanted the seats and brackets out of my truck too,but I didnt want to sell those!..(I used a console from a K5,it bolted right in!--the only difference was the original one had rectangular openings like to hold a pack of ciggarrettes,the K5 one had cupholders molded in that spot..identical otherwise.) :crazy:

8. raptorparts

the console and seat interchange info is good news.....

anybody know what a decent pair of early style balzer buckets and console are worth??