Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

found leak

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by mike race, Jan 16, 2002.

1. mike race

mike race 1/2 ton status

The leak is in the metal fuel line coming from the primary fuel filter to the lift pump. It somehow got kinked. I have another leak on one of my injector nuts. How would i fix this. Is there a washer or some sort of seal on the inside. It also seem to be leaking from the back by the block. I think it would be easier and cheaper to rerout the primary leak with a rubber hose away from the intake. what do you'all think
    Mike

fix'n finally

2. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

I just had some fuel leaks. Turned out to be the injector return hoses. Remove the clips and pull them all off(I had to remove the a/c compressor). Sure as shootin' I found 2 small splits in two of mine on the driver's side. My truck had left a "dry stream" of fuel going from the truck towards a storm drain. It was leaking so bad I could look up under it and watch it drip steadily. No more drip now, but I still have one more line to look at. The rear most injectors have rubber caps on the return ports closest to the firewall because they aren't used. I bet you one of those is leaking and the source of your leak at the back of the block. TIP: my truck was parked pointed downhill so I had to do this to keep the fuel from spilling out the return system. Pinch off the return hose at the fuel pump. That will let you pull off the return hoses and not spill any more fuel than what is in the lines.