Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found money in truck

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 76zimmer, Jan 26, 2007.

1. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

When I got my Blazer, I cleaned it out and found something like 4.50 in change in it, and the usual ink pen, paper clips, nuts, washers, old proof of insurance etc. It also had the glove box option list, and a few other odd things. Probably my best find was when I took apart my Vette, it had the 2nd owner's proof of insurance in it, and he still lived at the same address some 20 years later. He gave me a lot of background on the car, that answered a lot of my questions about the car.

What have you found in any of your vehicles, and what was your best find.

2. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

my cousin found a marijuana pipe in his transmission

nothing interesting in my truck

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

many strange things!...

I once found a 20 dollar bill under the back seat of my '66 Buick Electra!..:laugh:

In my '69 GTO I found a bunch of quarters under the back seat,old panties,a sock,and an old winter hat,along with a small amount of weed in a baggie,a few soggy joints,and what appeared to be a moldy dead rodent!..EECH!.:eek1:

I found all sorts of neat and weird,and GROSS stuff in cars at the junkyard!..we found pot,hash,booze,tools,dildoes,:eek: and in the trunk of one '50 Buick I opened,I found an old bearskin rug,and I almost wet myself when I saw a BEAR looking back at me!..:yikes: ..another car had the remains of a gutted deer in the trunk,and another had a mannequin's head and arms in the trunk,that fell on the ground when we lifted it up with the loader!..we thought we'd found a murder victim!..:eek1: ..we found a lot of aincient coins in the ashtrays of many 30's and 40's cars,and under the seats and floor mats..our boss found one coin he sold for 200 bucks to a collector once!..:crazy:

4. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My uncle used to work for a GM dealer. They had a customer in the 80's that swore he had something clanking around in the right rear side somwhere. They never could find the problem until he drove somebody around in it. They took the interior apart and found a glass bottle rolling around a little in the rear quarter.:laugh:

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I was digging around in my $900.00 burb and found the original window sticker. $27,000.00 in 1990 dollars.
    One day when I was building my 71 Duster, I had gotten really frustrated(as was usual), I was cussing and wondering why I was still working on it. It was about that time that I found an old green magnet shaped as a horn-of-plenty. The words on it said "Count your blessings". It kinda made me think. The car is long gone, but the magnet is still on the fridge.

6. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Found a hand, in one that was picked up in a car wreck

7. 76zimmer

Reminds me of when I worked at the Pontiac/Cadillac dealer (1980) the customer says the same thing, a rattle in the back, took off the rear window tray to find a bunch of screws thrown on top of the sheetmetal, and someone puts the trim panel on right over it. There's someone who gives a sh!t.

8. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Kind of irrelevant but when I was in high school, I had problems with my car and had to stop on the side of the road in the middle of NOWHERE. So I am out looking at the 389 I had put in it and look on the side of the road and fine 200 bucks within 20 feet. I scoured the wooded area for more but came up empty handed.

Oh and one parts truck I bought, I found a 35mm film canister of illegal substance. Got rid of it very quickly.

9. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Yep, bought an old couch at a yard sale, and found a film canister full of weed in it.

I did always like doing the used car inspections when I was at the dealership. Plenty of soda money to be had under the seats. Couple of CD's here and there and plenty of road maps.

10. 76zimmer

I never found any CD's in my early years, probably because they were still using 8-tracks.:haha: :haha:

Don't make me explain.

11. 1-tonmudder

1-tonmudder 1/2 ton status

True that.I worked at a salvage yard for about two years and you find everything in old cars.You forgot to mention ketchup packs,napkins and straws.

12. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

We were cleaning out a crewcab that my brothe just bought and found a bullet shell under the seat. Funny part is... the previous owners were a CHURCH!!

13. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

My buddy bought and old YJ and we found a bunch of empty 270 casings.

14. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Speaking of bullets, a fellow co-worker was doing a used car inspection on a yukon denali. The third row seat wouldn't latch into the floor. He kept slamming and slamming the thing in, but it still wouldn't latch. So finally he looked in the pocket in the floor where it would latch, and guess what he found? Three 9mm bullets :doah: Really lucky they didn't go off.

15. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

my 79 came with more rebar than i think it takes to build a house...

16. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

a friend of mine used to be a mecanic (bad back now no more)

one car he was working on had security lugnuts, called the owner and he said the sockit was under the seat. went reaching around down there, and found a 22. hand gun!

(this is Canada remember)

he threw it back under there and just did his work, cant belive he never wiped it off :doah:

17. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

i found a .38 spl revolver in an armrest, i personally called the owner and told him he needed to pick it, and any other weapons up, from this truck before it went on my lift, i told him id park it out front and leave it unlocked, he made it down quick lol

18. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

i found an almost fully drank 1/5 of cheap tequila under the drivers seat in an old compact ford truck i cut the top off of.....

19. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Found some sockets when I took my front left fender off the old k5, the new one I found way to much rust!!!

20. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

When I bought my truck I found a 100 lb bag of concrete that had gotten wet and turned into a 100 lb solid block. At the time, the rear window wouldnt go down....needless to say it wasnt much fun moving that block from the back out the front doors in 100+ degree summer heat.:crazy:
    -Harrison