Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found my oil leak

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AkMudr, Mar 12, 2005.

1. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

But unfortunately I hafta pull the pass. head to fix it, yeh, its the head gasket :blush: Bummer dude. I would plant a new motor in if I could but oh well. So anyhow, I know what I'm doin but any recommendations for a gasket? Anythin special? Any tips or tricks from you fellas.

Anythin to expect with rocker arm adjustment?

2. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

I haven't put a pair on yet but i plan on using copper gaskets from jegs for 76 bucks when i go dart heads. they are reusable and don't require any sealent during installation.

What are you planning to do with the rockers?

3. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Nothing with the rockers, but iirc they hafta be adjusted rather than just torqued.

I found a set of remanded stock heads, 1.94/1.5 heads for $200, that would also get rid of my leaky seals then I'll have an extra set :D Think thats a good deal?

4. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Yeah.... there are better deals out there but Most likely you won't see one of them for a long time so i'd say snatch em up. That is still a pretty good deal. Might want to think about having em worked on while you got em out. another 20 hp for 120$ up here at least.

That is sh$tty about your motor....

good luck.

5. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Hell I dont care, I've got about 130k on the truck, I'm puttin in a crate motor once I get back home. It just makes me mad it had to start now lol. Thats the life of havin an older rig, but I wouldnt have it any other way. Least I gettin to the point where I have my truck built the way I want one yah know

6. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

I hear you man...

I'm almost glad i blew a main because now i got the motor i wanted from day one in her. But I had to sell my dirbike to do it.

But who cares, i got a 350 hp k5 with a 6 and 35's and I wanted to step it up to a yzf 450 anyway.

7. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

End of summer everything in the drivetrain will be new/rebuilt plus a new motor, I'll be ready for just about anythin.

8. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Felpro head gaskets are great. Good luck :thumb:

9. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

I'll probly do both sides, valve seals, new water pump and timing chain with seals according to what I tear apart. New radiator and hoses too lol. I'll be good for a while.