Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found Myself Trapped In A Police Chase Today!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Aug 20, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

On the way home from work I was just minding my own business when I got tapped from behind. Just a light tap but at 75 mph it was a rude awakening. Looked in the mirror and an SUV was right on my butt. I heard the sirens then but couldn't see the police cars because they were farther behind the SUV and hidden from my view. I moved over and he raced by followed by 3 squads. Local police! Not highway patrol... ??? Just then I came to my offramp and pulled off and checked the damage. Just a little dent in the bumper. What a rush! I see these things on TV all the time but never expected to be involved in one...

Now for a relaxing beer... CHUG CHUG CHUG!!! [​IMG]

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    On the way home from work I was just minding my own business when I got tapped from behind. Just a light tap but at 75 mph it was a rude awakening. Looked in the mirror and an SUV was right on my butt. I heard the sirens then but couldn't see the police cars because they were farther behind the SUV and hidden from my view. I moved over and he raced by followed by 3 squads. Local police! Not highway patrol... ??? Just then I came to my offramp and pulled off and checked the damage. Just a little dent in the bumper. What a rush! I see these things on TV all the time but never expected to be involved in one...

Now for a relaxing beer... CHUG CHUG CHUG!!! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ] Damn, shoulda road raged on 'em and shot out thier tire. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Out of all the times I've rode with the po-po, never had a pursuit, though one time got to run 100 mph for 5 minutes straight /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I've seen 4 pursuits on the roads. First one was up in Hayward, CHP chasing someone in the 'hood.

Second one, I was going home late at nite on 680. Little Japanese (possible Eclipse) blew by me at 100+. CHP was about 10 seconds behind.

Third one there must have been 20 cruisers behind an El Camino.

4th one was the best. Stolen Sub, did laps around town with CHP, SO and CHP chopper.

I know with my luck, when I get my own mobile "office," I'll never have a pursuit. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

hmmm took 2 cops to pull me over sunday...thought my strategic driving would help me out..but it didnt...police cant follow you into the county..so i just happened to take the immediate right turn into the county, and theres a sheriffs officer...so i get pulled over and a written warning about my tag not being on my bumper and in my rear window instead...pretty sure the security guard that saw me yank a donut at the end of an empty stretch of road near some businesses called them...oh well..

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    police cant follow you into the county.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's gay.

6. Confedneck

yeah they cant pursue..sheriffs officers can go anywhere...

7. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    police cant follow you into the county.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they can wait for you to come back...

8. Confedneck

yeah...but ida gone wheeling in the waiting time between shift changes...LOL...quick drive out to the woods, run around a couple old trails and go home..all by way of county roads until i hit my street which is 30 feet and he cant ticket me once im on my property..

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

right...... but... this is a stupid question....... Please... don't laugh... I'm being serious... ..... .. wouldn't it be easier to just... ya know... Uhhh... PULL OVER??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Confedneck

i got pulled over either way...so i guess it doesnt matter, but round here, sheriffs officers are generally much nicer human beings than police officers...

11. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    and he cant ticket me once im on my property..

[/ QUOTE ]

SO you are saying that even though he has you on video, failing to yeild, or what ever they call it when you run from the cops, he can't do anything about it the next time he sees you? You mean that he will just forget about it? How big of town do you live in?

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Bout the same round this neck of the woods too I'd say... now that I can say I've experienced both /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The highway patrol dudes seem kinda nice... never been pulled over by them... but when I have a flat tire on my Jeep one pulled up behind me and like... sat there... after talking to me for a bit about my truck... and then saying it's cold...

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Confedneck

negative...he would have had to turn on his flashers or signal for me to pull over for me to be technically "evading", correct?...and either way..i highly doubt that im the top of the list for my tag violation...when there's plenty of crime around here...live in a pretty good sized town...

14. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Pretty good sized is relative, wouldn't you say, mr. I live in a pretty good sized town?

For me, big is Denver... for others, big is Cheyenne... some people in China prolly will never see a town as small as Denver /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. landsmasher

I don't know. I've never run from the police before. These cops were Elsinore Police and they were going through Murrieta on the 215 South when they passed me. That means they are going in and out of other counties and cites. They were on thier way to San Diego when I left the scene. Prolly headed for Mexico.

Anyways... I hope we don't see you on the afternoon news someday with a hundred cops behind you... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Confedneck

well good sized, i cant tell you a population number because im not sure...but we had 48,000 people in 99..and growing pretty fast...so its big enough i guess

17. Confedneck

id never "run" from a cop, per se...but i will attempt tp avoid being pulled over by making a right turn instead of going straight..since it was as simple as that... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. landsmasher

OH! I guess I should have read your post better. I thought he was chasing you...

19. Confedneck

chasing me? do you think i could outrun anything in my truck? LMAO... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. landsmasher

I watched a white Blazer run untill the tires went flat on the freeway on TV last year. The tires caught fire and the Blazer burned to the ground.. It was lifted but fairly small tires. Looked stock other than that. Third Blazer I've seen in a chase now. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif