Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found one more sub....What to look for........

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 84CUCV, Oct 21, 2003.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

86 1/2 ton sub 350 700R4/208 other then that it is striped. Just a rubber mat in it. Rust is not to bad. Is anyone offering replacement panels for rust? I never found any. I really going to need the rear floor where the wheels spit up everything. WHat should I look for? I had a sub for a while when I was young, but I totaled it. This time I hope it works out. thanks guys mike

2. 84CUCV

anyone????????????

3. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I pretty sure LMC makes replacement panels. There has to be others also. What to look for? Thats a big question.....all mechanical systems work and clear title....do you have specific concerns / questions? Good luck, Suburbans are great vehicles. I've got a few myself /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I checked my LMC catalog. There's not much in line of floor replacement metal. They sell some exterior parts (like fenders, rockers, etc) and they also have the tailpan (which I'll probably be getting this summer /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif). If you need a good section of the floor, I'd have to say either fab something up yourself or get a replacement section from a junkyarded burb. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. 84CUCV

Thanks, I am just trying to find out about it as much as I can. I think i might be able to walk away with it 6-7 bills. later mike

6. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I know where you can get a non stropped sub in az for
    8 bills...runs/drives and no rust and strait panels, shipping it would be cheaper than replacing a couple of the panels on that one /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I would like to do that this summer also....

8. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I have a 73 body if you're interested. there's some rust on the passenger side front floorpan from an apparently bad heater core sometime in it's past. frame is dead, ( front end crash) engine is going to be gone soon, along with the front doors and tailgate, (it'll have some front doors, just crappy doorskins, instead of the ones I'm swiping for my truck) but if you're just looking for a body, it's yours for $100 plus whatever it'll take to get shipped there. ( I've also stolen the steering column, although I'll be dropping my old busted up tilt column in there to make it easier to move) ( the $100 is to cover my gasoline expenses to drive from CA to AZ to load it up on whatever delivery truck you want it on)

if you're interested, let me know, and I'll tell you what all's there, and what I've swiped off it. title is salvage, and vehicle is classed as a 73 C10 suburban with a tow package.

additionaly, I have a 77 C20 I've been trying to sell... 454/400 $1400, and it's yours. ( has some problems, I'll list those too if you're really interested)

9. 84CUCV

He sold the damn thing for 300 with a mess load of things missing. For the $800 burb I am sending mail. mike