Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found out what is wrong with my t-case today...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Zeus33rd, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

It's the shifter mechanism. And damn it took me forever to figure out what it was. I was gettin real close to just droppin the whole damn thing out on the ground...Took the inspection cover off, took the big round cover off the back...Everything looked ok inside. So I moved to the shifter and linkage...Alittle advice...Don't even attempt to take the linkage and shifter apart without pulling back the carpet and unbolting the tranny tunnel cover thingy. Anyways, I need the part of the shifter that the linkage to the t-case is clipped onto..From the linkage up to where the shift lever bolts on. Does anyone have this? I've got it torn apart in my gramps driveway and they're outta town, there not gonna be to thrilled if they comeback and see it there...Need he stuff ASAP!! lol /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Anyone?

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I wish I had a part for ya but I don't joe Sorry....mike /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Sorry no extra shifters here Joe.

David

4. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i am not really understanding what ya need...but if its what i think it is...if its the 205...the plate between the two shift rods that comes out of the t-case...it has a plate that goes between them then goes to a weird shaped linkage that goes to the shifter...well if its that weird shaped thing you can go down to orchard supply and get 2 small heim joints...one with female thread and one with male..and cut them down and bolt it to where the only linkage goes..all that rambling prob dident help much but if it dose then /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Zeus33rd

It's a 203 unfortuneatley. Hmm......Ok, this is what I need- Ok, take the shift lever off, and unclip the the 2 linkage rods- I need everything inbetween. I'm not sure if somethin is broke or bent or missing or what...I'm not really sure what it's supposed to look like. But I know it's the shifter mechanism because I can pull on the linkage by hand when it's not hooked up to the shifter and it works. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

6. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Did you try to adjust the linkages?
    Bill

7. Zeus33rd

Well I was just thinkin about that actually. I'm almost certain thats not the case, but I'm gonna give it a shot anyways.