Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

found some holes- could these for seat belts??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudNurI, May 24, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

As I was cleaning out the inside of the truck today- I found some hole's on the "wall" behind the doors. I had thought that the seat belt anchors went down on the bottom, like right on the floor- but these seem to be a good 10-12" up off the floor. They have nuts welded to the inside of them- or so they look, in other words they have the threads for SOMETHING to bolt onto it. Its not the small holes where the trim goes, nor is it high enough to be where the shoulder belt goes...can someone check how high off the floor the seat belt anchors are bolted? The holes for the female part are still visible,,so thats not a problem...

thanks guys!
    Brandy

2. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

you should have 4 holes total each side......one for the female by the console, one by the bottom of the floor about 2-3 inches up for the lap connection, one 10-18" for the shoulder reel to bolt to, and one way up top for the shopulder mounting. the one your talking about should have two holes one threaded and one not right by eachother and should be for the reel to mount to.

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Okay- so I'm missing a hole on each side...the bottom one...that's what I thought, but wasn't sure. When the floors were repaired/replaced, they also replaced the place where that bottom hole should be- they went up about 6 inches with new metal..

thanks, I'll work on the seat belts tomorrow..

Brandy