Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found the battery drain. Door switch. Sheesh.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Skigirl, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Well, after fits and starts, finally got down to finding the source of my battery drain. Was reading 190 milliamps this morning. After I fully grounded the door switch like this: <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/photo/20946915/39568316vcSkbA>http://community.webshots.com/photo/20946915/39568316vcSkbA</a> the meter read 14 milliamps. Easy problem to solve thankfully. Now I can wire up all the rest of the stuff that's been sitting!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yeah, mine did that to. had to put layers of tape on the door to make it open the switch all the way. but now i got no doors so i am removing the lights circut
    grant

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Way to go Pam! Glad to hear you finally chased it down!

Rene

4. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey Pam, one more thing done:-) How many does that leave? Hope its going well for you.

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the back pat Rene!

74: no doors would work. 'cept in the winter! And with my record so far, I think I'll keep as many parts on my truck that can manage to stay there and function somehow!

So, Mark I think that narrows it down to oh... a billion. All that other electrical's been just waiting. Oh, boy. More electrical stuff./forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

I've been rethinking the exterior. Seriously considering doing a rhino lined exterior instead of paint. Looking into duramax cuz I can get it in the color I want, and I can do it myself (yep. that makes a billion and one.) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Nice to hear from you guys. Hope all is well!