Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found the leak in the QJET... now what?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Nov 9, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Feb 23, 2001
    This view is from the top of the carb thru the choke plate...

I filled the carb with fuel on my bench, and YES I can watch it dripping out inside the right-side primary bore. What do I do now? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I can see the fuel dripping right out at the top of that spot I circled in red. Does that have to do with the jets not sealing correctly? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Need this answered so I can get the truck back on the road tonight. Thanks guys and gals! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW - sorry for the HUGE picture! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
  2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Is that an actual break in the metal there? Those are cast into the carb itself, not replaceable. Thats where the fuel discharge nozzles are fro the primaries, but comparing the left side to the right side, the right one circled looks physically damaged. Or am I just imagining things and its because of the light?

Believe the gasket seals near there as well, but not out at the end, only around the venturi walls.