Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

found the spec for my rear springs....ok up front?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by VisionxOrb, Dec 11, 2002.

1. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

I was looking at the racnho web site and has my rear springs ( in the specs-RS86209 ) the spring rate is 287 with a free arch of 7.75 the springs up front now are the RS86206 i think which have a spring rate of 520 free arch of 3.72 inch. when i put the 63s on the rear i was going to put these up front with new front spring mounts and probably use the hill ofroad longer shackles ( use all that extra movment). think these will work good? im trying to keep the front around 5 inch of lift ( have 1 inch 0 rates. any one think theyll be to tall short or just cross my fingers

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

they should work fine. here is the equation to help you get the lift height right the first time:
    f = k * x

f => half the weight on the front axle
    k => spring rate
    x => deflection from "free length"

3. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanx. Now 1 more question. Anyone know the approx weight of the front end???. no winch, sbc. thanks in advance for any info. when I do get the rear spring and do all this Im gonna take mucho pictures for everyone.

4. FULLSIZE

FULLSIZE Registered Member

to soft in my opinion. when your dropping off stuff thats alot of weight transfering onto the front end for a soft spring. maybe adding a full length stock leaf would help. just sounds to soft to me. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif