Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

found the ultimate degreaser!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by solowookie, Nov 7, 2002.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

have any of you guys heard of PowerPlus? my brother is over the bus barn up here for the local school district. well - he turned me onto this stuff that is 100% enviormentally safe, cheap, and isn't harsh (you know when your are using degreaser or oven cleaner etc. the stuff kills you nostrils, and you don't want to let any of it remain on your skin). you could do your laundry or dished with this stuff, or use it for a household cleaner.

one gallon is just under $13.00, but you mix it (for heavy degreasing) 50%/50%. just use it in a normal spray bottle.

I had a grease gun that was so caked & dirty you didn't want to touch it. I sprayed this stuff on it, sprayed (i.e. soaked a rag in the stuff), and started wiping. most of the gun was cleaned on the first or second pass. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for the tip, Jeff. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW, good to see you around again, brother......

3. Bandit175

Bandit175 Registered Member

Cool, where can you buy that stuff? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

yea - it's been awhile since I've been poking around... got a little more time, financially we are more stable so I can start doing some needed repairs / upgrades again...

you have to call 800-624-8186 to order it. I ordered 1 gallon to test it, but next time I order I'll probably be ordering six. this stuff is so mild you could work with it all day long, and it's amazing how well it works.