Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found this on the Binder Bulletin site...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Aug 16, 2003.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I laughed so hard reading the replies of these guys. The answers they had to the questions about the GM 1 tons.....man, they have no clue at all!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Click here and read it all for a great laugh!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ah more people with the mythical 14 bolt front /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    14 bolt fronts, 12 bolt fronts, trolls, and wizards. I think i saw them in a movie about a ring or something!

6. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i believe waggoner machine has made a 14 bolt front for one of their rigs, of course, it was a one off custom made unit, not from the factory /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

14 bolt front and D60 rear..... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I get it. They are all driving bass ackwards.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

ahhh k thats just backwards. and whats funny is some of the advice he is getting is BAD

9. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

THANKS!!! No, for a mechanically challenegd individual, I fell smart!!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    i believe wagoner machine has made a 14 bolt front for one of their rigs, of course, it was a one off custom made unit, not from the factory /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    yes they do custom make them for big $$$$$$$$$$$ but they never came stock like they are saying /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif...that one guy sounds like the village idiot /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif..front 14 bolt rare /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

thats what I was thinkin, I was about to fall out of my chair, lol.

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the 14 bolt front axles aren't as good as dana 60s of course cause tahts exactly how it is in the rear axle department? Well if you want to get a brand new dodge they have 14 bolt front axles.

14. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifNeanderthal's /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

Should ask them how you can get a ford D60 to mate up with a GM transfer case.... will they say to zip-tie the driveline towards the driver side and if you got a heavy duty driveline it should withstand the severe angle??? For God sakes people...... maybe thats what I should do /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

16. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Dude, those guys were funny. Though I did just read, in an actual magazine, that some company named AAM (I think) is now making what they call a 14 bolt front. It has the same ring and pinion as a semi floater 14 bolt rear end. Though, it will be a while before anyone finds one in a yard. And I could swear the article mentioned Dodge was going to start using them or was thinking about it. I just skimmed the article so I don't remember many facts. Though now that I opened my mouth I think I may need to find the article again so I can scan it in or at least say which mag and which page to prove that I'm not talking out of my @$$.

17. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

The article was about the 14 bolt rears with quadrasteer they said people will probably start using them in the front, But I do think they mentioned something about making a 14 bolt front soon or something.

18. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

AAM is the currently the maker of the 14B. The new Dodge front is a solid axle version of the GM IFS. 3/4 & 1 ton Dodges now use AAM axles.

19. bigjbear

Quadrasteer uses A Dana centesection, not an AAM (14B)

20. bigjbear

Hopefully the Dodge guys will come and check us out for a laugh now.