Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Foundmoney.com?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, Dec 28, 2003.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Has anyone ever heard of this site? Foundmoney.com They keep sending me info saying that they have found money that belongs to me. The info contains my full name and a specific amount of money. I went to their site end they want me to pay (I think) $30 or so. I'm a skeptic when it comes to stuff like this and I really don't feel like getting taken for $30. I guess I'm just worried that if I do pay the $30 then they will tell me that I am approved for the money as a loan, instead of the way they are making it sound like I have a legitiment claim out there in nowhere land. What do you guys think? Have any of you guys out there heard of them or maybe know of someone that has used their service? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Michael

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

one of those bullsh!t scam sites.....Avoid

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

4. roadhawg

roadhawg 1/2 ton status

hook me up with a 20 dollar bill and i'll investigate it for you.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    hook me up with a 20 dollar bill and i'll investigate it for you.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok... will you take a check?

6. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

7. roadhawg

roadhawg 1/2 ton status

Sure! as long as it a cashiers check! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Whats scary though is how they got your name, either someone you have done business with online is selling info on their customers or you really have money stashed somewhere unclaimed.

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Sure! as long as it a cashiers check! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Whats scary though is how they got your name, either someone you have done business with online is selling info on their customers or you really have money stashed somewhere unclaimed.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep!

and if you dont have money unclaimed then i would be turning them into FCC

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

A few years ago I got a letter in the mail telling me that this company had "discovered" over $700 sitting in a state "unclaimed funds" account. Of course, for a small fee they would "help" me find it. Most states have online ways to find such info, so I started looking around in the various states that I've lived in over the years. Sure enough, over $700 was sitting in an account in Florida! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Turns out that it was actually my dads money, but he filled out the required state forms and they sent him his check. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

But the most bizarre thing is that the money was from a company that he had retired from just a few months earlier and his home address hadn't changed in over 30 years! How the money ended up there in the first place is a complete mystery, but he sure enjoyed that little windfall. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Hmmmm /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif These people are claiming they have found "$2354.73" in my name. The thing that gets me is the fact they have been notifying me of this for over a year now. It's not just a one time thing. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif BranndonC's link above set me straight.