Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Four bills, and my addiction *Two-grand and side-stepping the clutch*

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Twiz, May 28, 2001.

1. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

400 posts/replys- Addict

Now it's official, I'm a addict! Allthough, I was an addict well-before I joind the family! When I was a kid-
    I piled up my bike more than once, checking out some cool car or truck that drove by. I had stacks of Hot Wheels, R.C.cars, and models. Installed my first lift on a Stomper and figured out low-gear was for crawlin'. Told my buddys "hang on a sec." while I ran over to check out some guys b!tchin' ride- steamed up the windows tring to look inside. Just about rubbed the pin-stripe off the old man's car, comeing home from school every day. And the races, Ohh yeah, that set it in permenetly!

I love everything about the auto biz, old, new, beaten, shinin'. Every make, every style, every size every shape. 4wd, rwd, fast ones and slow ones. All of 'em (well, most of them anyway)

I can't (or is should that be "won't") go a day with out thinking about them: What parts I need. What parts I don't need. How to make them faster, or crawl better. How to make them "hook-up", and just how much compression can I realy get away with, and woundering if I can fit that under my hood? or How much tire can I fit under those fenders?
    The Whos, Hows and Whys- I love reading about them, lookin' at 'em, fixin' em, and talking shop. Most of all, I love driveing 'em.

WIDE OPEN THROTTLE, BABY!!!!

Ya know what I'm sayin'? Whats your story?

Twizted, and addicted /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

Re: Four bills, Addict

sorry, I don't have anything near that elaborate. [​IMG]

almost purchased a 2001 tahoe, or 1500 LT and decided to do a K5 instead. I figured it would get me away from all the technical garbage I deal w/ everyday. Now I'm hooked, and my K5 is far from where I want it to be, but I LOVE driving it!

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

3. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i decided to get a blazer because i didnt want a bronco, but didtn know anythign about blazers.
    so i checked out this site and bought my 85 in july of 2000
    and havent thought back on it.
    only thing were if i got another k5 it would be a 69-72 i think.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/</A>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

hey twiz,i think you and i were separated at birth![​IMG]im hot on your heels to addict,as of this post i only need 5 more!and i joined 9 days after you!(ya i had to check)wanna race to carpal tunnel!?!?[​IMG]ive done the hot wheels,stompers,drooling on every sweet ride i came across,and i still have models(just havent worked on them in a long time.i joined to hopefully get fired back up,and it worked like a SOB!since ive been a member,i jumped back into my blazer and started workin on it again.it sat in a sad state for over a year.now if i can just get that damn tranny gremlin out ill be a happy camper![​IMG]i think the only place we are different is you still like the auto biz.i hate workin on cars/trucks for a livin!im a body man and the insurance companys are runnin the show.theyre hirin snot nose kids outta school,that all they know is how to type.most of these morons dont know how to change their own oil much less how to fix a wrecked car!not all adjusters are that way but most are now,so stop the hate mail if there are any adjuster on this site!well this has turned into a novel so ill shut up![​IMG]

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer see it at:<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569>http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569</A>

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Glad to see that I am not the only one who has some sort of "problem". [​IMG]
    I can't even describe my "obssession" with the K-series trucks!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] Its so bad, when I see someone elses truck or ride, I think I have to have it!!!! [​IMG]
    If I see someone elses ride modified in a way, I think I have to do it better than he did. Thats why you will see me crawling around on ANYBODY'S trucks. I look like a FOOL when down on my knees and hands looking around. [​IMG]
    All day at work and all night at home, all I can think about is "K-series, K-series, K-series"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Man, I must be SICK!!! I think I am going to check myself into a mental institution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

6. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

Re: Four bills, and my addiction

i'm know what you mean man. i have always wanted a K5. and my first word was "Truck". although i am more for GM than anything else.

Going nowhere everybody is a Moto Psycho
    Got my wheels in motion and i got a path to beat

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Yeah I'm an addict LOL... and then some [​IMG] I'm truely a hotroder though and my K5 is gonna be my sweet daily driver and car trailor hauler. I dunno have always loved lifted trucks... especially Chevys. But the way things are going here I'm gonna be out sling'n mud... tossing my cureent new set ups for a 12" w/ 44's and a D60 14FF combo LOL.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

8. Pure Insanity

go mikey go! do it!LOL!hey twiz this is post 401,im comin after ya![​IMG]

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer see it at:<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569>http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569</A>

9. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, I know what you mean. I got hooked when I was just 15. No money for a car and my parents didn't have money or wouldn't help (divorced). So, got a part time job (illegally) in a wood shop that I could ride my junk Honda 125 to get to work. Then, I bought a 'Cuda body (no drive train except rear axle, hood stuck through the rolled down side glass, 2 bucket seats in the trunk, and no wheels). Disassembled and rebuilt it in my Grandfathers basement with borrowed tools and an old hard bound Chilton’s. 340 Magnum (from a built 340 Duster), 727, bump stick, rebuilt the brakes, did the body work and painted it myself (with some help). Had it ready to go when I got my license. As they say, the rest is history. GTOs, numerous GM trucks (2 and 4WD), Corvets, a couple of Fords (learned my lesson on the Fords AND MOPAR!).

Then, several years ago I “kicked the habit” and stayed “clean” for a while [​IMG]. Well, just like any other addiction, it is easy to fall back into the “old habits”. So, here I am, hooked again.

Hello everyone. They call me BadDog, and I’m an ex-recovered Gear Head.

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

10. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Ohhh yeah!

You know what I'm talking about! Everone's gotta git "it" sooner or later. At least to a degree, something had to turn your head at onetime or another.

For the record. I kinda "hyjacked" this from a post I saw when I first joind -the family-. it was something like "I'm going to start a support group." After I read that and picked myself up off the floor. I thought, "now, I've found my people!" /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Twiztid and addicted

11. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Pureinsanity; Bring it awn, pal!

Twiz

12. Pure Insanity

HEHEHEHEHE!!!![​IMG]LETS GET IT AWN!

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer see it at:<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569>http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by pureinsanity on 05/28/01 07:16 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

13. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Side-stepping the clutch at 2000.

My addiction hasn't gotten any better, I think I'm worce off now-
    Fact-is, If my daily conversations don't have something to do with an internal combustion engine and it's related machinery -I loose intrest.
    Ohhh- I can fake my way thru' it (smile and nod), but you can bet, I'm thinking about valve timeing, R/S ratios, or how I'm gonna get those tires to clear.

The project Jimmys getting closer and closer too completion, nothing like a dead-line to keep a guy motivated *Moab in Aug.*. I can all-most hear the Swamper-humm.

While that projects been going, I have even more projects plieing up behind it, 7 in all.
    I guess, I just can't say "no" to a screamin' deal -, or maybe it's because I can see potential in dang near anything, or just need some parts off of 'em.
    What ever the case is, What I need is more parking space !

I know I'm not alone on this! Lets hear about your "addiction"....

<font color=green>2000</font color=green>

14. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Im not quite as addicted as you guys. My major addiction is guitars. Ive got 4 of them plus three amps and am about to get an electronic drumset. I do love my Blazer though

15. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Thats funny you should chime-in with that.
    A guy down the street has a Gee-tahrr, dudes pretty good- but sometimes hitts a bad cord.

Works for me tho, Takes the attention away from my Air-compressor and grinding. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=green>2001</font color=green>

16. Pure Insanity

Where in the hell did you dig this up from! I think this is where it all started w/ you and I and the race to what was carpal tunnel, which is now off road warrior. Which really doesnt matter because you joined and lost the "ranking". HEHE! Im waiting till I hit the magic 2500 before I join, just so I can see it!

You cant catch me Eric! Face it! I even took a few months off where I didnt post much and you still couldnt catch me!

<font color=purple>2341</font color=purple>

Boy if that dont get him fired up I dont know what will!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

17. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Don't make me get the boys to bog you down with P.M.s again.....

I'll do it man, I will.....

<font color=green>2006</font color=green>

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

At the momment, I'd have to admit that I'm a K/5 junkie. I have to stop and check them out when ever I see one on a lot somewhere. I even checked one out when I gave a friend a ride to a garauge sale. The guy acrost the street from the sale was working on his 81 K/5, so I walked up and intraduced myself as a fellow K/5 owner. Talked about Blazers for awhile.

19. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Damn, Eric!! You had to pull this thread out after it was almost a year old since the last reply!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

20. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Thats what I'm talking about! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

.. I'm checking all out all of the K5s, I happen to trip across, *keeping an eye out for that ColoradoK5 sticker in the windshield* (BTW, the Project Jimmys final step will be tagging it with a CK5 sticker)

I've had the privlege to meet a few CK5ers in my one-year membership. (SoloWhookie, tRusty, Stormtrooper)
    My reasoning stands, K5er's are superior to most-

<font color=green>2007</font color=green>