Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Four Wheel Camper Removal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by colorado_emt, Sep 19, 2002.

1. colorado_emt

colorado_emt Registered Member

I want to take the four wheel camper off my '79 blazer and was wondering where the bolts are located on the drivers side? Do i have to remove the ice box? The sink? Where are they? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

On mine there is a drawer underneith the icebox. once removed you can get to that one.
    The rest can be removed through the doors under the sink.
    At least that is how mine is, you shouldn't have to remove the sink or anything to get em out.

4. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

On mine, you have to remove the icebox to get to the ones at the front of the bed. Of course, mine's a '72, so it's probably a little different.

HTH,

5. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Why ya takin it off if i may ask?

Azblazer

6. colorado_emt

colorado_emt Registered Member

I'm wanting to take it off to reduce weight and to get a differant look. The camper is also in preety rough shape although everything still works like a charm. I wont be using it over the winter and hope to achive better gas mileage without it. Thanks for the help i'll have to remove my icebox to get at that on and the middle one is in a cabinet under the stove. I'm still curious as to where the third onm is at, so i'll just have to dig around to find it. Thanks agian.