Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Four Wheeler Magazine Videos

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stus84, Apr 28, 2005.

1. stus84

stus84 1/2 ton status

So if you have a subscription to Four Wheeler Mag. every month or so they send you out a video (Top Truck Challenge). This started out great the first video was nicely done, second video not as good but fun to watch, the third video was fair to horsesh**, and then the most recent one I watched yesterday was fantastic up untill the end they left the tank trap the last event out and want you to wait until the next video - you could say I was a little pissed - it was like watching 3/4 of a good movie, I couldnt believe they would do that to a guy. - For those of you who dont know these videos are like $30 each and are around 1.5 hours. Just thaught I would see if you guys felt the same way or if I am way out of line to be a little TO'd. :mad:

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I got the first one and never sent them $$ or returned the videos. :D They haven't sent me anymore..

3. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I watch them and then send them back with their prepaid return postage. :D

4. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

They sent me one, supposedly as a "gift" and then 4 months later sent like 4 bills in a 2 week period. I never paid and still have the video, but they never sent me any more! That pissed me off! Don't send me a gift and then send me a bill for it months later!

I almost called and cancelled my subscription over it :mad: but they quit sending bills and kept sending mags so I don't care.

5. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

When they sent out the first one a couple of years back, I watched it and sent it back to them. I have not received anymore.

I did keep the little coin thingy though.. since they said to, as a gift.

6. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

The first video I got I liked alot, and paid the $7 for it IIRC. A second one came in when I was away at school, and I just paid for it, thinking it was as good as the first. I dont think it was very good at all. The title is "Extreme Four Wheeling: Top Truck Challenge" I have it sitting in my lap now. Dont know the first one's name. The second video up until the tank trap was like watching 4Wheeling on ESPN, only showed the highlights and very little to any commentary. Tank Trap section was covered very well though. It cost like $25. I will try out a few more, but anymore of this quality, im gonna send em back and cancel future ones.

7. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I sent all that garbage back from the get go. I would rather go out and romp on my truck than sit on the couch watching others do it. :D And also I only pick up one copy of Four Wheeler a year. That's the one that has the TTC specs on the rigs :waytogo: I do have a subscription to 4Wheel & Off-Road however :D

8. stus84

stus84 1/2 ton status

Revised 1st statement

Now that I have thaught about it for a while I guess watching a halfway descent wheeling video is a lot better than a bunch of the other garbage out there and I am glad people are voting in the K5's and the fullsize rigs, I am a fan of all the rigs; jeeps, rockers, customs, but it is always nice to see the big K5 out there showing em all up!!!!!! :D

big_truxx - 4Wheel & Off-Road - I have not checked out thes mags in awhile I will have too look into it - lately I have been seeing a lot of newer stuff in four wheeler and I am not as interested in that - Like they have this ongoing 4x4 mercedes/lexus project - who would ever want to wheel in that kind of lux. vehicle. I just dont get it.....

9. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Ive been getting four wheeler for like 6 years now and havent got one. I did get one from Petersens 4 W&OR, it was of an old TTC and some other stuff, and I never sent it back, they never sent a bill either.

10. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I got the TTC DVD with the Sniper in it; don't remember what year that was. Most of the coverage left a bit to be desired, except the Tank Trap, which they covered pretty well IMO.
    Same deal; they sent it to me without asking me, I never paid, they never sent another. From the sounds of the other DVD's they're sending, I'm glad I didn't get more...

11. 79chevyk10

79chevyk10 1/2 ton status

Stus84, I know exactly what you're talkin about. While watching I'm thinking " they are not cutting out all the events" until the video ended. I have paid for 3 now and have not paid for the last one. I'm pissed :mad: . Full price for 2/3 of video. I will not renew my subscription and will return all videos including the last one. Fourwheeler is to much mall cruiser for me anyway.

12. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Took months to send it back but watched the one was ok i guess but not into t.v. that much. It took better than 2 weeks just to get around to looking at it. I keep meaning to watch them saturday shows on t.v. when off and cannot even do that for lack of remembering to come inside so don't need no video. They sent a few bills before i dusted the box off to send back to them.
    When cannot afford the gas it is still better to go ride with someone that is wheelin' than to watch a video! Even if it's in a ford.

13. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Same here...some of the video's are cool, some stink.

When I watched the 2003TTC video I wents nuts when they left out the Tank Trap. I put it back in the box and sent it back.

It was poor marketing on their part, because they could have said that the next video would be entirely dedicated to full coverage of the TTC 2003 Tank Trap, and only the tank trap, which it was. I'm keeping that one. Just watched it again, today.

Last week they sent a copy of Ultimate Adventure, Southern States.

I'll keep some, send some back.

I don't watch sports. So the video's are OK for me. I work, shoot, play with kids and wheel. No TV sports. Almost no TV.

14. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

I got the 1st one and watched it a couple of times then tossed it in the trash.
    i havent gotten any more tho and they called asking if i had any problems with my service.

i said \, "YEA YOU DIDNT SEND ME MY LAST F***** SUBSCRIPTION!"

they hung up on me.

15. Fierospeeder

Fierospeeder Banned

Im on my 3rd video. I still need to pay for it. :blush: I only watched the first one. I think, im only buying it to have the entire coin collection. :cool1: I was hoping they would have some monster truck races but they might not have the rights to sell it on video.

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i haven't seen any of them but the first... anyone wanna let me borrow a few of the other ones? :) :cool1: I'd pay for shipping and return it in a few days. :grin:

j

17. TOBYONE

TOBYONE Registered Member

video

just wondering, did they put everyones rigs in these videos,i would like to see it .seeing how i won, toby harrell

18. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Don't laugh at me, but I got it mainly for the cool coin collection. :blush: :blush: :blush: :grin:

Yep, I have all 7 of them now pressed in that cheap plastic display thing that came with the first one. I also have all 7 on DVD. I fell asleep watching most of them though. Haven't watched the last one I got the other day. Don't know if I will as I will fall asleep thru it again. :D

Here's two pictures, one with flash and the other no flash. :cool1:

MVC-019F.JPG

MVC-020F.JPG

19. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

I LOVE YOUR BLAZER!

WANA TRADE?

[​IMG]

20. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I have obtained my copies in vhs via 4wheelparts.com or ebay...

got

will get more when they are cheap...
    currently $40 or close to it for the dvd of both events..... SCAREW DAT YO!!!