Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Four Wheeler Video

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mastiff, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So I got some letter from Four Wheeler today acting like they want me to pay for the video they sent me over a month ago, or else send it back in the the original box which has long since been tossed. What the hell? I think it should be their problem if they knowingly send me a video without me asking for it ahead of time.

I admit I didn't read through all the stuff glued onto the side of the box. I just figured it was a promotion for the magazine or whatever. Either way, I'm gonna be pissed if they start nagging me for payment. I don't even want the video anymore, but I don't want to dig up my own box and pay shipping to send it back either.

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

If they didn't sell it to you and you didn't order it tel the wanker to PISS OFF! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Bill

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Tell 'em to collect it the best way they know how...or just tell them to pound it up their ass...whichever is easier...

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Ask them "since I never opened it up and all the fine print does not apply where do I send it collect?" Look up that scam in search. It was in the lounge a couple months ago. What they ared doing is illegal I believe.

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

tell them you never got it and didn't ask for it /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

I think <font color="green"> </font> Grim <font color="black"> </font> had a post on this...

7. Judd

Judd 1/2 ton status

Hey feller, they sent me a video also. It kinda irritated me that they would send me something that I did not order. If you think about it, they are betting/hopeing that you will be lazy and either not call and bitch or not send it back and just pay up. It pissed off that they expected me to go though the trouble of making a trip to the post office to send it BACK when I never ordered the thing in the first place. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I hopped on the phone all revved up thinking I was really going to get into it with them as I aimed to keep the video and not pay a cent. Well, I really didn't get to fuss. The representative I was talking to on the phone apologized for any inconvienence and told me to keep the video for my trouble. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

It actually was a let-down, I was all ready for a good fuss.

8. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Yea they cant send you something and then tell you to pay for it. Thats like someone handing you a ice cream telling you to eat it then after you eat it they tell you to pay for it.... wtf /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Judd - Nice Play toy you got there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

This has been covered, do a search. Enjoy your video, it's illegal for them to make you pay for it.

10. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

NRA tried doing the same thing a few yrs ago. Never returned the video, and didn't pay for it. Of course, I never watched it either. Got one from 4WOR, waiting for the same deal.

11. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Got the same letter and same video. Irks me that they sent me something I didnt order. Im not sending it back or paying for it. Hopefully they'll lose enough $$$ on this that they wont do it again. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Dang, I want a free video. Where's mine /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

A federal law, Title 39 of the United States Code, Section 3009, stipulates that except for free samples clearly and conspicuously marked as such, and merchandise mailed by a charitable organization soliciting contributions, the mailing of unordered merchandise constitutes an unfair method of competition and an unfair trade practice.

http://usps.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/usps.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=xqkab5_g&amp;p_lva=153&amp;p_faqid=153&amp;p_created=999625899&amp;p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTMxJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9YmlsbGVkIGZvciB1bndhdG5lZCBwcm9kdWN0cyZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPTMmcF9jYXRfbHZsMT1_YW55fiZwX2NhdF9sdmwyPX5hbnl_JnBfc29ydF9ieT1kZmx0JnBfcGFnZT0x&amp;p_li

The law. They know it and if you call them they will back off and say it's a free gift. They need to be sued over this. They are just emptying their wharehouse and trying ot recover money on vids they couldn't move.

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    A federal law, Title 39 of the United States Code, Section 3009, stipulates that except for free samples clearly and conspicuously marked as such, and merchandise mailed by a charitable organization soliciting contributions, the mailing of unordered merchandise constitutes an unfair method of competition and an unfair trade practice.

http://usps.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/usps.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=xqkab5_g&amp;p_lva=153&amp;p_faqid=153&amp;p_created=999625899&amp;p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTMxJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9YmlsbGVkIGZvciB1bndhdG5lZCBwcm9kdWN0cyZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPTMmcF9jYXRfbHZsMT1_YW55fiZwX2NhdF9sdmwyPX5hbnl_JnBfc29ydF9ieT1kZmx0JnBfcGFnZT0x&amp;p_li

The law. They know it and if you call them they will back off and say it's a free gift. They need to be sued over this. They are just emptying their wharehouse and trying ot recover money on vids they couldn't move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sued, why waste the time? I like my free video!!

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol, you guys are silly. I just burned the disc to a DVD+R and return-shipped their original back to them using the mailer/postage that they provided for free. I thought it worked out pretty well, they got their dvd back and I got a free DVD too. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

pretty sad that the comp that ownz 4 wheeler doesn't even know the law when it comes to unsolicited mailings... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

j

16. Judd

Judd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Judd - Nice Play toy you got there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the complement. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They know the law fine, as someone else said, they are just getting rid of inventory. If you pay for it, great,,, if not,,,, well that's alright too. Just call them and they will just give it to you. Cool beans I reckon! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

17. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Holy side scroll Grimmy /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

hint, hint... ['url=web addy'] link ['/url']

Same result, no side scrolling. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Rene

18. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Brain fart. PBB crops I forgot Infopop doesn't. Sorry.

Hehehe I got my extorsion letter today LOL. I'm going to send a letter thanking them for the free video please send more FREE video's. Then copy the law text and links. LOL
    Then as that link advises I will notify the post master. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif