Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Four wheelers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by realrose20, Nov 23, 2005.

1. realrose20

realrose20 Registered Member

I want to purchase a Breeze so i can ride with my boyfriend down in wellsville. he thinks this is a bad idea. what do yall think. i dont want to get crazy with the four wheeler i just want to follow him. i was in my first tip over and i am still a bit shakey riding with him. please what do yall think about me purchasing one

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

For Wellsville.. I'd definately get something 4wd. Not familiar with the Breeze.. Most of it depends on where your boyfriend goes and your riding abilities..... There are alot of bad hills and areas in Wellsville where you could get in alot of trouble and possibly killed.

Where did he tip over at?(what area of Wellsville) And if you are new to riding... Is he or someone else you know willing to teach you or help you learn to be a better rider?

3. gauder

gauder Banned

Maybe this is something he wants to do with "just the boys".

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I'd have to second that. Heather loves going out wheelin with me, but sometimes we just want a guys-night-out kind of deal. Load up the cooler, head out to the mud hole, meet up with everyone and have a good time.

The cooler is of course loaded with sweet tea, soft drinks, and sammiches ;)

We kind of reached a nice middle-ground though. She knows I don't want her tagging along all the time, and I know she wants to come out sometimes.

But then again, we've had this issue before. She likes wrenching, too. Which isn't too bad, but has the same issue as above.

Luckily, she realizes that some 'get-away' time is good for me.

Ah well, I'll stop rambling, just thought I'd show you my perspective. I'm not trying to tell you what you should or shouldn't do, but just trying to support gauder's hypothesis. Have you talked with your boyfriend about this at all, other than the fact that you might want a quad of your own?

5. beastofablaze

beastofablaze 1/2 ton status

Wheeling can be a couples activity but about 80 percent of us just want to go out and run over something. Yeah there are times when you will take your girlfriend out wheeling but its kind of like fishing... you take her a couple times but usually its just you and some buddies or just you. Just like you girls have your shopping we have wheeling. You go out to a club, we go out and shoot something. BUT everybody is different. Ask your boyfriend before you go out and buy something to go wheeling with. He might say "hell yeah what do you want to buy" or "uh... why do you want to do that...?"

I've never heard of a breeze but judging from the name it doesn't sound like its really built to be at home on backroads and in mud. I'd recomend you take a look at an s10 blazer or bravada and see what you think if you want to buy one of these exploding, run over stuff mobiles.

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

you wont want a breeze. if i recall its a 125 or 150 cc 2x4 solid bike no suspension.

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

if the girlfriend goes out there, and does the wheelin/camping thing with ya,,,she'd better give ya some of that nature boinking :D :p:

8. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

If you find out that's true, and your goal is to have a family someday, ditch him. Going shopping or having girls night out once a month, is not equivalent to a weekends or constant overnighters with the guys. When you become mature you want to share your hobbies with the people you care about most. That's why most the family guys around here have K5s or burbs instead of trucks, so they can share their hobby with the people they care about. I know more than one couple that has gotten divorced because she was suppose to stay home with the kiddies while he goes off to play. It doesn't last. In our house, we share as many hobbies as possible including hunting, fishing, fourwheeling, and more. There a reason so many people say the family that plays together, stays together. If you aren't interested in something and he is or vice versa, then fine do a little of it on your own, but if you try it and like it and he wants you to stay home, tough for him. I'd say he can get over it, or he can get over you.

OK, I'm done ranting, heck this might not even apply to her. Disclaimer: I know everyone is different, some wives want to be June Cleaver married to a guy that never comes home, to each his own.

BTW, riding on the back does stink and is not very safe, esp. if the person sitting in the back weighs close to the same or more than the person in front. I wouldn't get a fourwheeler though unless I knew I liked riding one already. Maybe you should try renting one for a weekend. That way you can find out if you like it, find out if you like riding together, and know how much money and time you're willing to invest, and what kind of fourwheeler you might want to buy.

9. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha:

10. sebban

sebban Registered Member

Why does he think it's a bad idea? Is he worried that you will get hurt or that he'll have someone dragging behind?
    If he can't appriciate that you want to share his interest he's an idiot. :mad:
    I'd say get the four wheeler!!!! Take it easy when you start and after some time you'll get the hang of it and start testing more. It's all natural, baby!! :wink1:

I'm happy everytime my girlfriend want's to go wheeling. That means that I can do it more often. :D Even though she tags along we still have a quite a few "guys only" trips since they can't join us all the time. It' really not an issue.
    When she gets a job the first thing we'll by is a trail rig for her.

11. realrose20

Honda Breeze

i am fairly experienced rider. i dont want to do crazy stuff just follow. i feel safer on a quad. he tipped at a friends house

12. realrose20

just the boys

he wants me to go just does not want me to get hurt

13. realrose20

Honda

a Breeze is made by honda. its a four wheeler. i like the whole 4x4 thing and it will be a long time before i make a rig. i need to get over our tip over first. but i just want something to putts around in. i like hanging with the guys. i am not a girly girl. lol

14. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

the breeze was yamaha last time i recall. but it has been a few years from my heavy atv days.

15. realrose20

Very well put

i agree. i am not your typical female. i like fishing and playing sports and 4x4 and four wheeling. and all the guy stuff. i have not been hunting but i want to. i dont want to ride him with me on the Breeze just follow him when he is on the trails. he says its dangerous.

16. realrose20

honda-yamaha....

who ever makes it. it fits me perfect but i know it is no longer made so i have to get a used one. i can handle it pretty well

17. realrose20

hurt

he does not want me to get hurt and if i cant make it up a trail i have to go around and does not want anyone ****ing with me.

18. absolute

absolute Registered Member

the Breeze is a Yamaha 125 as stated earlier! My 10 year old cousin has one... its a great KIDS bike! No Suspension, etc... :haha: My wife has been riding with me for years, and really didn't have a ton of experiance before we met! I've been riding for 20+ years! (i'm only 25) If you want to have a good time and "keep up" IMO, purchase a Yamaha Warrior, great "wife bike" Electric Start, Great Touque, easyily repairable. They made the same bike for over 15 years. I've bought a couple of them before and the most i've ever spent was $2000 and that was a for a real clean one (wife's current bike) If you wanted to purchase a brand new one... Yamaha changed the name to the Raptor 350 for 2004! :rolleyes: I hope this helps...

19. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

IF he doesnt want ya to get hurt, then show him you are being safe, if oyu just want to follow get a 250 or 300 4x4, just leave it stock and spend money on proper rideing gear helmet etc.

From a guys stand point who also does some crazy stuff, I would be concerned for my girlfriends saftey also, although i dont have one so i dont really have to worry.

And the best way to get over a roll is to get back on and ride. After 3 1/2 or 4 years of riding, i finally rolled one completely over this summer, ive put ours on the side many times but never rolled one. It was my friends and i was riding in an area that I didnt know very well. Which was a big mistake to be flying through grass up to the racks in 4th gear wide open(91 Honda Fourtrax 300) I nailed the tire on a old running gear with a four tire on the quad. When rolling sideways and forward a couple of times sent me flyin. Really shook me up, but I got back on and within a week I was back to the terroizing fun that is fourwheeling.

20. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Honda's are good 4 wheelers. My buddy has a Foreman Rubicon and that thing rocks. Plenty of power, full-time 4wd...just keeps running. He's had more problems with his Polaris and the Honda's been around a lot longer. The Yamaha breeze is a youth ATV, so it will be a bit smaller than a standard one...have you tried one out before?