Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fourth of July festivities?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NoAngel, Jul 3, 2002.

1. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Anybody going away or to any big partaaays? /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    Me and Leadfoot will be doing some jet skiing, fireworks on the lake and a neighborhood bash.(and of course, knockin' back a few!) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

bbq tonite, 'nother tomorrow night, both in the neighborhood at differents houses.
    then a big one saturday night in lakeport. watercraft and toys, lotsa food and drink, and maybe the roundy-round racin later in the evening.

3. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

After seeing your avatar, I'm gonna go rent a Jay and Silent Bob movie.. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Which one is the best, I'v seen Dogma a couple times. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Tough call. I'm going to have to say, Chasing Amy, Clerks and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back! I like them all though. The latest one, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is freakin' hilarious and if you haven't seen it you must rent it!!

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Me and Nick are going down to the park with the dogs. We will grill some hot dogs and then sit in the back seat of the blazer and

watch the fire works /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Cool..I'll rent them all and kick back with a few cold ones.. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Have a drink on me! Let me know what you think of the movies afterwards.

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I have to work at Lake Elizabeth on Thursday for the 4th of July festival 9-7pm...in Fremont. Then going home. No fireworks this year.

9. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

was supposed to go to the lake with some friends and a bunch of girls, but it turns out someone's parents are going to use the lake house, so thats a big NO.

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I guess we are getting some fireworks to take to the in-laws in the early evening and then going out to my sisters in the country for the bigger show. (And consumption of cereal malt beverages, too! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif)

Friday is supposed to be out at my other sisters home to watch some more fireworks. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Looks like it will just be a bar-b this year no fireworks /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Its just to dangerus for fireworks this year out here in the west. Monday I was at work and we had been hearing firecrackers and bottel rockets though out the day. Then twords the end of the day the freakin mountain cought on fire and the trees went up like a Romancandel and all the brush was just blazing away. Luckly it was only about 10 miles from a CDF(California Department of Forestry) station and within 10 minutes there was a ground crew there two planes and a helocopter on scean. It was pretty neat to watch the chopper scoop the water from the river and drop it on the fire. So I guess the point of the story is be carfull with the fireworks.

12. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Won't do a big party, but we will grill out on the 4th. We have several options for watching fireworks.
    Saturday is our annual Wild Game Cookout. That's when I throw all the pheasant, quail and dove from
    last season on the grill. And don't forget the venison! I need to thaw the birds and meat tonight and
    start marinading tomorrow for Saturday. MMM -MMM Good!

Oh yeah - cold malt/barley/hops beverages will be available!