Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FOURWHEELEER and 4Wheel&OffRoad

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevy4x4, Dec 18, 2000.

1. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Ok, i just checked out both of their sites. Is it just me or are they almost exactly the same. Same info, same everything,same readers rigs......Speaking of readers rigs...why is 50% of them cars. Lowered hondas, neons and some muscle cars. I think muscle cars are cool but they don't belong on an off road site. And why does 4wheel&offroad have an article on how to lower a chevy?!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

2. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

They are getting soft on us I guess!!

<font color=orange>'86 Military Blazer with 4" Lift & 33" Tires</font color=orange>[​IMG]

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I don't really have an answer for you, but I want to say that 4x4 Power rocked!
    -- Mike

4. Phyte

Phyte 1/2 ton status

Its because its owned by the same company.. Its a way to saturate the market I guess..

Phyte

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

What ever happened to FullSize 4x4??

6. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

what are some good 4x4 websites?

truckworld.com has some good off road vehicles but also has street rods etc...

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

8. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Probably because they are both EMAP mags now. and all the EMAP mags (trucks cars imports domestics)readers rides probably go in one gallery. to save space.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

9. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

10. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

http://www.off-road.com/chevy is a very good site. I spend as much time on that site as I do on this one.

I've been a posting member of www.Truckworld.com for over a year now, and I have to say that it's going down the crappper. If you want any help with anything technical, don't bother on that site. To many young kids who don't know anything making fun of someone who doesn't own the same kind of truck they do, calling each other names, pretending they aren't kids who don't know anything, posting BS instead of helping people with problems, etc etc etc. I've been talking with several of the guys on Truckworld who have been around for a while, and we all agree that if it gets any worse we're outta there.

Fullsize 4x4 was a sweet magazine, but it failed because it didn't draw a large enough reading audience to justify it's publishing. So it died after 3 issues. Sorry, I wish it had made it too. [​IMG]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

11. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i miss 4x4 power[​IMG][​IMG]
    just finished framing and hanging them on my wall.....
    they will always be remembered......

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

EmapUSA owns a BUNCH of magazines. Instead of building aweb site for each, they're sorta lumping them all together and you select the one you want to "see". So far, there appear to be some technical glitches. Drilling down to some of the Chevy performance articles brings you to a selction for Corvettes. (Corvette engines are GREAT for a K5, but the rest of the car????) [​IMG]

I think their new site really sucks. They have everything framed down to the point that you can only read about 2 paragraphs of something before you have to click another link to keep reading. Most unimpressive....

As for the Full Size 4-Wheeler mag. I only bought one. I had already read every single article in it! It was nothing but old articles from their mainline 4x4 magazines. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>