Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fox Body Mustang question... help please!

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by sled_dog, Dec 23, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I am looking at what to get my sister for christmas. I've got it narrowed down to either 5 lug rotors, a diff cover, or an aluminum driveshaft. Her front rotors are warped pretty badly, so she needs new ones and wants to go 5 lug. But has no wheels or rear axles yet to match. Think I will just cut the rotors and see if I can clean them up enough before I buy her those. A friend has an aluminum driveshaft for sale for $100. It is used, and I think might need a rebalance but thats an option. And then there is a diff cover. I want to drain her diff and clean it out, throw in some new fluid. A nice thick aluminum cover with the preload bolts for the carrier bearings would be really nice. I think the cover is the most expensive option, but its the one she doesn't know anything about (and the best presents are surprises). Who makes a good diff cover for the 8.8? I have found a few that say "94-04", is there a difference? As far as I knew they were the same damn thing in the Fox body cars.

And yes I realize I am too late for christmas, but I am pretty well broke and haven't bought anyone anything yet. Everyone is just getting IOUs and will get belated gifts.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status