Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

frame delema

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by davek20, Sep 13, 2005.

1. davek20

davek20 Registered Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Hey im starting stage two of my trail rig, i drive a 83 k20 long bed with a built small block, sm465, and a smoked body. i sourced a mint bodied military k30 minus the axles that i am going to at least replace the body with , my delema is weather i should use the heavyer duity K30 frame over the lighter K20 unit, im building the truck for the rocks, and i am going to put a exo cage on it in the neer future. currently i get the majority of my flex from the chassy and i have like 1 body mount left, i figure the k30 will fight that but it will add weight. the exo cage will also stiffen the chassy as well as add weight. my question is, should i go for the more heavy duity k30 frame or should the k20 frame wiht a cage be sufficient. if anyone has any oppinons i am egar to hear them, also im putting a 6 inch tuff country lift a 2 inch body as well as a zero rate and maby some coustom shackles does anyone know if i would be ablet to stuff 42 inch tires under them with moderate fender trimming?
    thank you very much for your time - Dave