Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Frame differences between '76 and '77?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by speedup, Mar 17, 2003.

1. speedup

speedup Registered Member

Frame differences between \'76 and \'77?

I am looking to do a frame swap and I can get a '76 frame, but my Blazer is a '77. Can anybody tell me if there are any frame differences between those years? Will the body mounts match up right?

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Re: Frame differences between \'76 and \'77?

I know they are different between a 76 and a 79, but im not sure what year they made the change? Anyone?

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

The floor pan in front of the rear seat changed for the '77 model year. In order to accommodate that change, two of the body mounts moved from inside the frame rails to outside. I believe that if the mounts are good on your old frame, it is not too much trouble to swap them to the other frame, but don't quote me on it.

4. speedup

speedup Registered Member

Thanks guys. BTW, Blazer1970, you have every vehicle I want to own. You must be very happy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    My parents have the 2002 2500HD Duramax/Allison and I have the Blazer. Just need a 'burb and my life will be complete. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I thought '77 was the last year of the old rear seat style and '78 was the first year of the new, but I could be wrong.

I note that the Chalet campers are the same from '76 to '77, sand as they bolt down where the rear seat was I *assume* that the rear body is the same. YMMV ... I won't take my Chalet off to compare to my '74 for you, sorry /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Dremu...you are correct...the body changed in 1978 to accomidate more leg room...

DW