Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

frame for a blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by therover87, Jun 6, 2002.

1. therover87

therover87 1/2 ton status

i have an 87 k5 blazer and i was wondering if i someone out there offered a frame for my truck i know for the jeeps they are a dime a dozen but for the blazers i havent seen anything.

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

What do you need? I just ripped the frame out of my 87 cause it was tweeked in the right rear. So if you need something let me know.. I got it's replacement by spending two hours at a junkyard with a Blazer on it's side and two buddies pulling bolts. THe fun part is when I got it home and had to switch the two out........ Anyways, just find a good one and go to town, or are you trying to box it in or buy a stronger frame???

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I don't know of any aftermarket frames for K5's. Too bad you aren't closer to Colorado. I'm just about to strip an '88 Blazer that has an immaculate frame. The truck got too close to the edge of a trail, the ground gave way, and the truck fell over against a tree. The body got damaged beyond repair, but the rest of it is in great shape.

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I was wondering the same thing too.
    Why doesn't anyone make custom boxed frames for the blazers.
    For some of us that do the frame-up resto's, it would be so nice to start on a flawless frame and go from there.
    - Mike

5. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

There's your next business adventure!!! Go for it TX Mudder!!

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I'd guess that there just isn't enough demand for them. It would probably need to cost somwhere in the $1,500-2,500 range for someone to make a living selling them, plus shipping something that big and heavy would cost a bunch more. Most folks would balk at spending that kind of cash and just find a frame in a junkyard. K5's aren't that tough to find in the yards. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif