Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Frame issues?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by firefighter184, Jul 31, 2003.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Flexed out the Violator earlier this summer, and now I cant open the passenger door more than 6 inches. Not a huge problem, because I like it when my wife does the Dukes of Hazzard entry. However, thinking about putting a ton of money into a restoration project, but why get new doors if the things wont work. When I try to open it, it hangs up on the front quarterpanel. Bent frame, tweaked body, or what? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I'm not exactly sure, but when I flex out my truck, my door does the same thing. But it works fine once I return to level ground, so that makes me suspect the frame. But again, I'm not sure.

Will

3. firefighter184

Yeah, I have had her so flexed that no doors and the tailgate don't work, but when I get back on level ground, it's just the passenger door. I was standing on the skinny pedal up this big, muddy hill with a lot of offset holes about three feet deep, and I flexed the whole shebang so bad that the metal rings that keep my tach and speedo glass in place shot into the back seat! Good times, good times...
    Great pics of that hill and other wacky flex shots at Webshots.com under wrfdfirefighter184. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

how are your body mounts?

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

you might have tweeked the rocker boxes.they support the door jams to keep them rigid under "normal" conditions.if the body twisted too much it could have bent the rocker box.and if yours is rusted out the whole center of your body will sag and cause the doors not to open.

6. firefighter184

RUST DAMN RUST!!! I basically have no rocker boxes! They disappeared under my weightloss program courtesy of 1st generation cancer. That could be it. Thanks

7. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That is probley the cause of your problem. I dont have any rocker panels on my blazer and the doors are hard to open.