Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Frame mounted rock sliders for Pick-ups

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by greatwhitenorth, Jun 16, 2002.

1. greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth 1/2 ton status

Anyone know of any companies that produce frame mounted rock sliders for GM pick-ups?? Or if anyone has fabbed a set, do you have any pictures or advice??

Most of the sliders I have seen are either too weak, or involve mounting to the rocker panels or the body mount outrigger; but since I have no rockers left and if try to do anything with those body mounts they're gonna fall appart I'm need something a little different.

Also with the saddle tanks, there isn't much room to work with. I'm thinking If I can make a traingulated mount at the rear behind the tanks, then run the slider up to the front of the cab, and then brace it down to the tranny x-member or something..

Any ideas??? And I know how much easier it would be if I swapped out to a blazer/sub gas tank, or fixed my body rot first, but I care not for looks, and am not in a position right now to be swapping gas tanks.

Thanks a bunch.

2. blublaz57

blublaz57 1/2 ton status

i got a set of rock sliders from TOYBOXoffroad.com the owners name is Damon. My sliders are for a blazer,but i know he is working on a design for trucks w/saddle gas tanks.give him a shout maybe he can help,also there is pics of the rocksliders on the web site.i love mine