Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

frame tweaked?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5floyd, Feb 13, 2007.

1. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

so a couple weeks ago i was notified that my truck drives crooked down the road. i cannot stop thinking about it and it is really bothering me to know that my truck does not drive straight down the road.

several months ago due to my own stupidity i was in a wreck, and when i hit the car my back right tire hit the car with enough force to break the leaf sping straight across a few inches from the front hangar.

now after being notified that my truck doesnt drive straight and i was lookin it over and looking at the right rear tire it almost looks like the front is angled outwards and the front of the left rear tire looks like it is angled it but this is so slight i cannot really tell.

so could my frame be slightly bent or tweaked? how do i tell? and how can i fix it? thanks everyone

2. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

take measurements from rear of front spring shackle on the frame to the front of the rear. Go across left to right, and right to left and compare measurements. Ot go to an alignment shop....or a frame shop

3. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

my old burb "dog walked" at a horrible angle after I got nailed by a Kenworth but it wore the tire evenly, held an alignment and tracked straight so I never worried about it.

4. JNygard

JNygard Registered Member

Also since the front axle is wider than the rear it can give the illusion of not tracking straight.