Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Frame work... (its coming together)

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Here is the frame after removing the 36" center section, 11" tail piece and 4" nose
    http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/18182/size/big/sort/1/cat/500

First weld on making the frame one piece again (not including tack welds)
    http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/18183/sort/1/size/big/cat/500/page/

Third weld, a nice long run down the frame rail... not bad even if I do say so myself...
    http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/18184/sort/1/size/big/cat/500/page/

So... now the frame is back in one piece and I have plated the outside and will plate the inside tomorrow.

-Ryan

2. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

Ryan i know your building a trugy but what kind of frame are you basing it on ?what are you going to do for a cab?i'm just looking for ideas for when i get off my but and start mine..

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I was given a 1st gen long bed pickup frame, cab and bed. :thumb:

most of the parts I have been given are in better shape than the ones on my blazer, so as I need/use parts, I am going to replace the ones on my blazer with the better/nicer ones and use the blazer ones on the truggy.

4. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

im lost?

WOW....I havent been in here in like a month and so much has changed!? Ryan what are you doing anyways?? fill me in!! I thought U where building the Sami up? are you onto a new project??

Kevin: Hurry up and figure out what ya wanna do with yers...remember I owe you lots of work on it!

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

big negative on the Sammi... I couldnt find one cheap enough (free) and Troy mentioned that he worked with a guy that was taking a couple 67-72 trucks to the scrap yard. So, to make a long story short, I have been picking up parts from him that he is/was going to scrap and building a truggy.

so far its been the perfect project, I have $0.00 to spend on it and have had to spend $0.00 on it. :thumb:

6. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

ryan... I assume when you plate it you are using a fishplate or triangle technique so as to not stress the frame...
    nice work on the welding... what process?
    cam

7. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Nice welds there :thumb: That little welder you borrowed from me is doing the job just fine I see. I will have to get over there one of these days and take a peak at it in person :D

8. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status