Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'Francis' antenna's any good?

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by mofugly13, Dec 25, 2005.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

My girlfriends' friend gave her a 8' francis CB antenna for Christmas, are these antennas a good brand? It's fiberglass and doesnt look like it has any tuneability, other than just cutting it shorter. What do you all think?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Don't really know much about them. I say try it, you can always replace it with something better if it doesn't preform for you.

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Francis is a very good antenna, and it has excellent "ears". I ran two of the 6' francis antennas on my semi when I was over the road. Rarely will they need tuned, and the only method of tuning is to chop them shorter.

4. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Sweet, it's my GF's antenna, she's going to run it on he jeep. I got a spankin' new 102" whip for my K5

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I really like the 102" whips also, and just bought one from Radio Shack about a month ago for my '79 F150. Tonight at the truckstop I noticed they had 5 1/2' Francis antennas on sale for $11.99 each, so my girlfriend bought me 2 of them for my '95 Chevy as a late Christmas gift. I can't wait to get them on, but I still need to get some mounts and co-ax.