Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fraternal Order of Police

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by marine_enlisted, Dec 12, 2003.

1. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

What is the Fraternal Order of Police?

I was coming home on I-95 last night after watching the Caps whoop up on the Bruins and came up on a car swerving all over the place from the center lane. I watched it for a while and he swerved across the left and right lines 6 times in 2 miles. Once he almost went under a semi trailer. I called the state police and as I got close enough to him to get his plate# I noticed he had a Fraternal Order of Police plate frame and his plate # began with FP. Is this only for Police or what?
    By the way, I gave the Trooper on the phone our location and as I follwed the drunk off the interstate an unmarked passed us. I flashed my brights at him , but he was too far past the exit to make the turn-off. He hit his brakes and then accelerated to catch the next exit about 1/2 mile down. I follwed the drunk to my turn off, but didn't see the trooper catch up. Don't know if he caught the guy or not. I hope this ass-clown didn't kill anyone or himself.
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My friends mom has police support stickers on her car. Like cause she donated to the police or some crap, she puts one in the back window and one above the inspection sticker(which is out), I guess she thinks it will help her if she gets pulled over... only thing that will help that chick is AA.

3. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

FOP is an orginazation that is almost like a union, but not for officers. They try and help officers with benefits and such.

As far as the FOP stickers, almost anyone can get one. I thought the tags were kinda hard to get, but it may or may not have been the FOP member driving that car.

FOP also gives money to the familiy of a fallen officer.