Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fraternity guys

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bhintz, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

just seeing you here was all in a fraternity, so if you dont mind list what frat and school

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

the parties were cool but joining was never "on the agenda"

3. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

I buy beer, not friends

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

ever notice frat and fart are just a dislexic away.

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I don't really understand frats...what the hell is the point? Is it just a club? tradition? I watched that frat show on MTV last year and concluded that one must be a dumbass to want to join one of those. No offense or anything...

6. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I'm a Frat guy here at McMurry University. The thing is though is that here in Abilene, National Frats are not allowed here so there are just local frats, or Social Clubs. Anyways, the name of my frat is Kiva, McMurry here has a strong Indian influence, so that's where the name is from. To be compared to any National Frat, I'd say it's a lot like Kappa Alpha (KA)There is no diffence between my 'social club'or frat than any other national frat.

I am not going to sit here and give the cliche answer to why I joined a frat, but all I can say that at a college of 1700 students, being apart of a Frat can be one of the best things to do to get involved. I met the guys in there before I knew who they were members of and they were agreat group of guys. Dues are only $50 a semester, unlike some of my friends who have pledged Fiji and they had to shell out $1600 just to PLEDGE and he didn't make it, so he's out of some serious cash. So take it as you want it, if you want to think I paid for friendship, go ahead. But its one of the best $50 I have ever spent.

If anyone is interested in pledging, all I have to say is this: Pledging is the most fun you'll never want to do again /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

7. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I joined for the brotherhood and the traditions... yadda yadda yadda /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif But really, for me, to know that once I came apart of my Frat, to know that undergone 65 years of tradition was a pretty great experience. Also, I never had a brother, and now, I have 45 guys that are, and some that I love like a brother from like they are a real brother.

BTW, Fraternity Life on MTV gave pledging for a frat such a lame rap. I hated that show, all there was, was nothing but bitching and fighting and drama. You think that MTV is going to air a show that is nothing but a bunch of guys haveing a good time and getting along? Why do you think Real World is so popular? What they really want is backstabbing and betraying drama. What you get from pledging is the commradreship (sp?) you form with you're pledge brothers doing pledge functions. Thats all I am going to say

8. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I rushed Sigma Alpha Epsilon (SAE) my freshman year up here at Colorado State...but didn't join )ThANK GOD... I am now a GDI... Thats a God Damned Independent

Chris