Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Freakin grass

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by POWERMAD, Apr 10, 2002.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Have ya noticed that if you are not into yard work or a pretty lawn the green crap grows 2" a minute?
    As fun as watching grass grow? hell when the sun comes out I think I can hear it growing.
    Went to mow my lawn (1 acre of green hell) and it was 2 feet high. a week ago it was nothing to be concerned about , the sun comes out for a few days and ya have to mow it for fear of losing the kids in it.
    Grass catcher LOL. 10 feet and it is full.
    And what happened to the nice neiborhood kid that mows lawns? I was offering them $25 last year and they couldn't be bothered.
    And I had a riding mower last year.
    Ah hell in a couple of years the boys will be big enough to push a mower. LOL

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

do you live in a "keep up with the jones neighborhood?"

pretty funny around here, I mow my lawn weekly,,, but my neighbors frown upon our recreation. 1/2 acre, with a dirt track around the house. My quad and John's dirt bike. round and round and round LOL... on top of the fact that their is his truck, my car, my truck, and my dad's car in my yard LOL... then take in to account the open garage door, with 3 powerwheels, kids bikes, scooters, crap, crap, crap... when everyone else has manicured lawns, no toys out,,, only 1 car/truck each..hehehehe my neighbors HATE summer... the only thing good about winter for them is that they can't see the mud flying around my yard... its snow LOL

Brandy

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

do you live in a "keep up with the jones neighborhood?"

<hr></blockquote>
    LMAO. No
    You can't even see my house from the road.
    Gotta mow the lawn because I don't have cattle LOL
    Last year i stopped in the middle and figured I would finish it the next week end. The only way I found the mower was the handle was sticking up in the air LMAO.

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

funny you say that, i just mowed my back yard, ~1 acre, with a tractor disk tiller. well it's a K5 tiller now. hooked it up to my hitch and away I go. it wasn't really grass, more like a bunch of weed and stuff. oh well, at least I found a new use for my k5.

ARQ.

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Both my neighbors mow when I mow ........ no $#!t ! Last year I decided to do a test and not mow for a longer time than I usually do and sure enough the day I mowed, one neighbor came out and did his as I was finishing mine and an hour later the other mowed his ! It's unreal !!

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

You're lucky, I gotta waste millions of gallons of water to make mine grow to keep the dust down!!!!!!

7. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I have the best luck with lawn care.
    I just strated moving into the new place and the yard is bigger*sighs*
    And the grass is up to my knees*sobs*
    I called the realator and told em to get some one to take care of it.
    I am prolly srewed and will have to deal with it too.
    Picture a football feild with grass to yer knees.
    I just might buy a horse and let him do it for me.

8. highwaydevil

highwaydevil 1/2 ton status

my approach is that my yard is the one that makes everyone else's look good.

9. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

That's funny. And true to me too. Well, to some extent. I bought my house 2 years ago and immediately started to landscape my yard. The neighbors would laugh at me cause I'd be outside at 9, 10 11 at night digging trenches for spinklers and digging up my flower beds. By the time i laid my sod, planted all my flowers and trees. Most of my neighbors were making plans to redo their landscaping. You should see the hood now. It looks good. So I guess I AM THE JONES's. And everyone is trying to keep up with me./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Yup, the same with our landscape work and stuff ....... tools !

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My yard is very small, but I have to water it every other day or it turns yellowish brown and dies. I'm not all that concerned about how it looks, but all the houses around mine keep thiers very green and manicured. I am trying to get grass to grow in the spot where the shed used to sit, so I've been watering alot. Gess I'll have to mow it when it gets up to my waist.

12. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Oh $hit! I thought I was in the pro-pot post.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

13. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I try to take care of mine,
    Keeps the neighbors off my back, for a bit.
    Figureing I have 7 + cars and trucks parked somewhere around here, they have plenty to b!tch about, I don't need to give them something else.

&lt; see my side pic?

14. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Yesterday it took me 6.5 hrs to cut the crap at the other house, if it wasn't for the $800 deposit riding on it I would have said screw it.
    I have been at for 3 hrs today at the new place, so far all I have done is one pass on the front and side and a bit of the back. The crap is up to my waist and I am 6'2".
    I have been a mowing madman.
    Freakin grass.

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

lol@BigTex!

I just came in from my first massive bout with yard work in a year or so... Moved 4 bushes away from the front of the house to the side, edged the walk to the street, turned over a little garden area in the front... Stuff I don't think has ever been done here! I mean care!

Next weekend we're planning to blow some money I'm not earning during the time I should be earning it and buy some pavers and blocks, then cut and shore the lawn off the driveway... Oh yeah, Home depot had a bunch of plants @ 3 for $10, so we got a couple and will design a nice little garden area... I might just run up to the mountains in PA and grab some rocks and slate and bring them back to save some dough on blocks... Instead spend it on gas getting 3000 lbs of rocks across a couple states....

I can't wait to mow something up there!!

16. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I can't wait to mow something up there!!

<hr></blockquote>
    Wanna a plane ticket. LOl
    It has taken me 5 days to mow this yard.
    I still need to rake the remaining grass up which will proly take another day.
    Freakin grass. LOl
    The yard does look nice though.

17. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey, I feel your pain, have you ever mowed a football field.....I do once every 5 days (What was I thinking when I bought this house?)....and to top it off my yard is lower than all my neighbors (They fertilize a couple of times a year, so my yard gets fertilized also!) I used to mow lawns for $6, kids around my house want to charge around $60, Boy was I stupid when I was a kid!

18. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, and with the price of gas also.. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif .. mine is 1/2 acre and only half is mowed, the rest is buildings and woods, and here, it's nearly always wet. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif