Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Freakin IRS

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Jan 27, 2004.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Ok, I still haven't gotten my refund from LAST year...(2002)...

I haven't called them cause it just seems wrong to me. I don't call the police station or OSHA either to ask questions. I guess I just figure the smaller the blip on the radar I make, the better. Anyway, I called today cause even though I kept thinking it would come, it never did. Now they say they'll have to look into it, and they'll give me a call back within 30 days. Yikes! I could really use the money though. That $1900 could do the central air if we get this new house (thanks for the info Justin...)

Just wanted to vent about mine and the IRS's inepitude.

Bryan /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Well you're just nutty. I would drive to their office in chicago and tell them to gimme my damn check...NOW!!!

3. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I thought you were going to complain about something with independent rear suspension... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. camarine

camarine Registered Member

Might as well go ahead and get it over with now. If you wait til later it will just get worse. Trust me I know. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I am going on year #6 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifdealing with the IRS and getting audited every year. This was the last year so don't hesitate and give them the paperwork they want.

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I got audited once about 7 years ago. The whole thing took about 4 months. Once it was all over they found out that they owed ME an additional $900.... WOO HOOO! I got the check within a week.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Wow! you must really be on their radar. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought you were going to complain about something with independent rear suspension... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Haha so did I, I was expecting an explorer with the back wheels fallen off or something. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

8. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Don't they pay you interest when they owe you?? Its not much but check on it

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

actually I sent in all the required materials....they just didnt send my required check back... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

eFile is your friend... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif The money is in the bank in just a few days. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't they pay you interest when they owe you??

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    i don't think they pay you, but when you owe them, they don't mind adding it on with a penalty fee.

12. camarine

camarine Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    i don't think they pay you, but when you owe them, they don't mind adding it on with a penalty fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

You pay them interest and they don't pay you. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifI finished my las tAudit in December, they owe me 3960.00 and am still waiting on the check /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Said I would have it by 17 January and still nothing. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifCalled and they said it hasn't been sent, computers were shut down for 2 weeks for updating? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifI would think that if the computers were shut down, I wouldn't have gotten the automated letter saying they owe me money /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

They payed me credit card interest....