Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Freaking Driver side power window won't go all the way up!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudbug1979, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

Freaking Driver side power window won\'t go all the way up!!!!

I have played with this thing till I'm blue in the face. What gives? I have cleaned the track out, reoiled it with lithum grease (light spray) and it will get up to about 3 inches away from the seal and stop. Nothing is binding that I can tell but it's going to be getting cool here and I need this bad boy to go all the way up. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Re: Freaking Driver side power window won\'t go all the way up!!!!

The only time I've had that problem is when part of the window comes out of the felt track close to the top.

But you said you recoiled it?
    Did you take apart the spring assembly, cause that could be causing the problem.
    ie. Too much tension when it gets close to the top.

3. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

i have the same problem on the pass side /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif. i got new stripping. it helped some. only stops an inch from the top. i have to push it up the rest of the way. it still wants to come out of its track. someone told me my regulator is bad. i'll find out when i get around to it. seems like i say that a lot.

4. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

Your regulator mas be missing a tooth or have something in the teeth. I would take a look at that if everything else looks alright...