Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Free 454 engine, check this out!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, May 12, 2000.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey everyone,

<font color=red>Sorry, I had to get some attention here.</font color=red>

I read in the local paper that they are planning on implementing the new roadless area conservation at the area in which I wheel. We need comments in numbers. Please visit http://www.roadless.fs.fed.us for more info and voice your opinion using the following options.

Email it to roadlessdeis@fs.fed.us

fax to 877-703-2494

mail to:
    USDA Forest Service-CAET
    Attn:Roadless
    PO Box 221090
    Salt Lake City, UT 84122

I would ask that you keep your comments decent and help me by saying something about Mark Twain National Forest - Potosi district in Missouri. Even if you have never been there, still say something like you have helped on clean-up runs, and you enjoy the nice scenery in your K5 while keeping the area clean and using the Tread Lightly! attitude. Send multiple emails, even get your kids involved, you cousin, your grandma, what ever.[​IMG] Please do this for my sake, Or I will have one trail capable Blazer but no trails. I really appreciate it. And your fellow wheelers will appreciate it too.

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

2. Mudzer

Re: Roadless - they are closing in on us!

Hey Guys,

Whats up!!! I cant believe this post only got 72 inquiries. Man I guess YOU don't have the time to save our land...

1978/91 K5 Blazer

3. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I'm not an american but I just sent an email trying to help you guys. I wish everything comes out fine.

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

4. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey Mudzer I'll be happy to help you out just tell me what to say when I fax them or e-mail them, cause I really dont know what to say and if I e-mail them or fax them I might say something that'll hurt the process intead of helping it, just tell me what to say and I'll be more than happy to do it later man.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Just sent my e-mail off. ALL of us on this forum need to pay attention to the Land Use section - there is a lot going on behind our backs that we are either too apathetic to do something about, or don't know. Good job getting our attention.....keep it up.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

6. Mudzer

Hey Juan,

Thanks alot. This is really not just for me, its for you too. You can voice your opinion about the roadless proposal. I recommend that you check the link above and read the proposal, then arrive at a good opinion about the subject and send it in. I just posted this for everyones use, because I may want to go wheelin where you go - if its public. If we dont get involved, your public wheeling spots will be gone. I am just rallying to get some opinions sent into the USFS before they have a meeting in June. Basically the reason the "Greenies" have been winning is because we have not been involved enough to get a big number of people to oppose the proposal. Thanks for responding. I dont want to tick anybody off, but I do take offense when people overlook this subject, then whine when they dont have a place to wheel. Thanks again and give it your best.

1978/91 K5 Blazer

7. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

You're right Mudzer, it is for all of us I'll get on it right away e-mailing and faxing, we have to beat'em they can't take our land.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

8. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Just E-Mailed! Will tell friends.Brady

9. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

OK I sent the e-mail and feel dumb for not reading you post sooner!!! The bad part is I have run most of the trails around SLC even went to Bountiful High! I go to MOAB onec a year or more, Now I do live in MO. and have help in the MTNF and some other places around Kansas City, were I live now! I have sent you the body of your post on to others.

10. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Mudzer did my part hope we can save it.