Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Free air compressor

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Shaggy, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Hey guys, this is somewhat off topic, but not really since it might help someone with working on their truck. I have an air compressor that I need to get rid of. I've had it for a few years, here's the deal with it -

It's a 20 or 30 gallon, 220volt two stage (I think, it has two cylinders, does that make it 2 stage?) 3 hp compressor. The motor is practically new as far as how much it has been used, it was put on in '97 and the compressor took a sh!t in early '98. The thing doesn't work right now, BUT, it would be pretty darn easy to fix, I took the head apart to see what the deal was already. One of the screws that holds on one of the reed valves backed out and dropped into a cylinder. It dinged up the top of the piston pretty good, but the bore is fine. All that needs to be done to it is to drill and tap the hole that the bolt dropped out of to a bigger size and put a new reed valve on it. I got this thing about 3 years ago and was going to fix it, but then I moved and don't I don't have 220V in my garage, so I never got to it since I wouldn't have been able to use it anyways. So if anyone wants this sucker, I'll be happy to give it to someone in NCBD for the low low price of... FREE. So longas you pick it up and get it out of my hair, that's payment enough for me. I was going to sell it, but I don't want the hassle of it, I'd rather give it to one of my new club brethren. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif The first NCBD member to respond to this post that wants it can come and get it... If nobody wants the thing I'll probably fix it then put it up on the for sale board. I can take pictures of the head and such if requested.

Since I'm OT already - next day trip to Hollister I'd like to go along and just take pictures and meet everybody, but I'll need to hitch a ride with someone, so if somebody can think of me if they need a copilot, I'd be much obliged. I live in San Jose, just off of 680 near Milpitas. That's the same place the compressor can be picked up, BTW.

EDIT - changed title </font color>

2. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: O/T... kind of

Hey i wish i had 220 would take it in a sec. Anytime you wan tto go to hollister let me know im down for some day trips. I gotta trim the fenders though.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Hmmm, I thought someone would snap this up pretty quick. Oh well, I guess everyone already has one or doesn't want to hassle with fixing this. I didn't want the hassle either, so I understand. I guess I'll either see if I can find the time to fix it and then sell it or just scrap it and get it out of my hair. </font color>

4. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I could ask around and see if any of my friends need one. If only I had 220. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

5. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

I'll take it if it's available.
    and i sent dan my club money, so i'm practically a member.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yup, it's still available, it's yours if you want it. Send me a PM and we can work out the details. </font color>

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Shaggy,

Hwy 680 in Milpitas? Hmmmmmmmm that's AWFULLY close to where I live, and I happen to have 220V in the "Man Space" already!!!!

It sounds like "I'm your man" as far as taking that thing off your hands.... I'm stuck at work pretty late tonight, but maybe you can PM me with an address or phone number and I could stop by either later this evening (around 8PM?) or maybe tomorrow....

My Craftsman 110V single-stage is FREAKING NOISY as anything, and I'd love to replace it with something quieter.

Let me know.... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Hey Greg, Kevin (top truck) PMed me and said that if you want this one you can have it and then he'll take your old one. If that works for you then that's cool with me. I'll be home all night tonight after 5, I'll PM my phone number to you.</font color>