Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Free Beer And Pizza!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by garlicbreath, Dec 27, 2005.

1. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

OK, I flew out to denver from upstate new york to help my brother in law install a new 350 in his 87 blazer and with the combination of him being new to this and having a do it all tool kit in a plastic box, I am running out of time!!! He lives in thornton, 136th and colorado. I got the old motor pulled, the new one's here, already broke 2 of his sockets and a few extensions. The harmonic balancer installer we rented from autozone doesn't fit his crank for some strange reason too. We will be working on it tomorrow and probably thursday. This will be my first injected swap too, so if anyone on here has any advice, I'm listening!!!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  2. garlicbreath

Got it finished 95% thursday night. All he has to do is belts, fluids, timing etc. BUT, without any exhaust on it, it's kinda hard! Sure is a nice show at night though.

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Where in upstate are you from? I'm in schenectady. When you coming back? You can help me pull the engine in my 92!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It will give YOU more experiance!! I'm tired of doin this crap!!:doah:

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

That's pretty cool that you would make a trip out like that to help him out. Hope it finished up okay.

5. garlicbreath

Yeah, we got it far enough for him to finish up. Belts, fluids, etc. He has to get new exhaust put on before he can tune it. He had Hedman headers on it, and man, I told him once we got the motor out I was going to run them over in the street with a very large truck!!! Those things added way too much time to pulling it, we eventually pulled the motor with the headers on, which wasn't fun!!! Any of you guys know what the rundown is on setting timing on a tbi motor?

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

unplug single wire by drivers side fire wall. then fire up motor check engine light will be on for this. then set to ( 0 ) deg. shut off and plug back in the wire and done.

i think its a brown wire. the conector is the gm wether pack style. do a search in the garage section it has been covered lots of times. and might find a pic or 2 of the plug.

7. AKnopp

AKnopp Registered Member

The connector he is talking about is called the spout connector. some times it is towards the right hand side of the firewall.

8. garlicbreath

are you guys talking about the one for the oxygen sensor?

9. SubYuman

SubYuman 1/2 ton status

Let me get a pic, then somebody host it for me!!!!

I'll take one right now, risking my $400 digital camera for the sake of the list.....someone send me an email address!
    CPOMAnk@hotmail.com

10. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

If he needs help, shoot me a PM with his phone #, I'm on 120th in Thornton...