Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Free/Cheap Modifications for 86 Blazer??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JaymzLD, Jul 13, 2003.

1. JaymzLD

JaymzLD Registered Member

Are there any modifications that I can do to my 86 Blazer w/ the 305 for free or relatively cheap (under $15) that will free up some HP/TQ or give me any other performance gain? I just got the truck not too long ago and I want to do some simple stuff before I go all out. Thanks.

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. along4

along4 Registered Member

The first thing I get for all my vehicles is a K&N air filter. They are about the most bang for the buck you can do.

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

A new air filter. Clean the carb. Tune up... a little more than $15, but it'll help. Its kinda hard with just $15, but those may be a start.

Kris

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I would start off with a new air filter, new fuel filter, and by cleaning the carb. A good way to do this is to buy a bottle of transmission fluid, and open the throttle almost all the way up, and slowly pour transmission fluid into the carb, pretty slowly, until you have poured about 1/4 - 1/3 of the bottle. Keep the throttle open so it doesnt cut off, or that would be very bad. It will smoke like hell, but there will be chunks of carbon blowing out of your exhaust pipe for days. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Also, you might want to add some high performance wires, and a new set of plugs. Thats just my $.02 though.
    -Harrison

5. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Not much for $15, just basic tune-up parts.
    Heres a link on other mods for under $100
    Mods under $100

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

First off, go scrape a little sheet metal over some rocks. Let it know you love it. THEN, put some money into so you'll HAVE to love it. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif