Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Free frame and alxes in Atlanta. Must pick up July 30/31

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by grimjaw, Jul 23, 2005.

1. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

Well the wife got a killer job offer in Knoxville, TN so we are moving. I need to get rid of a 85 K5 frame, springs and axles. There will be part of a chopped cab still attached. This is currently in a 10x30 storage unit in Alpharetta, GA. If no one wants it I will be forced to chop it and scrap it. I have to go over there today and finish taking off the rear quarter panels. The front clip and rear quarters are what I wanted when I bought it.

Please leave a post here if you want it and can come get it next weekend. I will follow up with PMs. Thanks.

I will try to post a picture later on.

Matt T

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

what axles?

3. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

matt do you still have the doors and seats ? if so i will come and get it all next week.

4. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

Welcome! :D

5. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I can come help you out

6. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

Ok, to answer a few questions.

Big Pappa B, The axles are 10 bolts. I do not know the gearing or think they would have lockers. The truck does have a body lift and lift springs in front and blocks in back. The springs look new.

Johnny - yes, I still have the doors. There are one set of 76 manul doors with rust. There is one set of electric doors with dents. The passenger 85 should be fixable. There is also a new driver side door shell. As to the seats I have not had time to make new seat mounts to install the new seats. So the old ones are still in the K5.

I have about given up on removing the quarter panels. They are most likely going with the rest. As to the body in general, do not think of it as a body but as a large set of patch panels.

It has turely sucked trying to work in a storage unit. There is not lights or power in the unit and it hotter than hell. The only power tools I have is a set of 19.2 volts battery powered drills and sawsall. I will NEVER do this again. Luckily the house we are going to be renting has a nice two car garage.

Keith, I would be grateful for any help but I want to let you know the conditions I work in.

Gambit, we are moving to a little house near Chapman Hwy and 168. The wife will be working at NOVA.

Someone has to want this even if just for the scrap.

7. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

pm sent

8. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I was meaning picking the truck up :D not working :D but if you nedd a hand I can help

9. GEORGIA GABE

GEORGIA GABE 1/2 ton status

ill take it, when does it all need to go by?
    gabe

10. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

4x4K20 has dibs on the frame and axles.

11. gambit420s

cool

what ever you do don't live in farragut!!! its horrible...and 30 mi to nova. but it's the nice :cough: upitty asshat :cough: side of k-town

i'm just north of the river off broadway near St. Mary's hospital. If you ever need help, tools, parts or a drinking buddy hit me up.

you picked the wrong time to move here though. especially to that side of the river. theyre shutting down I-40 through town and the road to one of the bridges over the river... the interstate will be closed for 14 mos.... :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:
    look here Smart(???) Fix 40

but in 2008 i'll be able to drive from my shop to the south side, by taking the next street over(Kenyon Ave/Hall of Fame Drive/James White Parkway) :D :D

call me when you get in town and i'll show you around (865)388-1890

Ps: i have no sisters and i do not think my cousins are hot.... but one of em was miss teen AL :doah:

12. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

4x4K20 will not be able to pick it up on time. Its yours Gabe, I am sending you a PM.

13. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I think my wife will have something to say about all that....

14. gambit420s

i didn't mean it like that, i have just met too many people here, that have had children with their sisters/cousins..... so i usually feel the need to state my position upfront.

15. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

This is a done deal, the truck is gone. Thanks Gabe it was really nice to meet you. I hope you got home safe with the load.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2005