Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Free-ish S-10 Blazer 4x4

Discussion in 'Free | Trade | Misc.' started by gambit420s, Jul 29, 2005.

1. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

here ya go
    or any one else that wants a free/rust free s-10 shell **No Title**

Jul29^51.JPG

Jul29^54.JPG

Jul29^55.JPG

Jul29^59.JPG

Jul29^58.JPG

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  2. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

where is it located? I am lookin for one to go on my fullsize frame.
    Thanks,

Clay

3. gambit420s

its in knoxville tn but i could deliver it for gas money( but then it wouldnt be free any more.... :doah: )
    steve has first dibs but if not youre next in line.
    i'm going to take a few things but if you're sticking it on a full size most of it wont matter to you

4. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

thanks for the pics, but I think I'm going to have to pass right now. I really appreciate the offer. If I had room, I would come and get it. :o

Bushwhacker's up :D

ps: Any luck selling the first gen?

5. Bushwhacker

What year is it? and was it a manual or auto? What were you keeping off it?

I will be in Seveirville in about 2 weeks if it will work for me. Have you got a way to put it on a flat trailer?

Clay

6. gambit420s

id like to keep the hood, fenders, rear axle locker, and seats, however i am just replacing these parts on another truck so you could have all this stuff it would just be from a different truck call me if you want, manual tranny and yes i could load it on a trailer either with wheels or a forklift or both if needed
    call me (865)388-1890 Adam

steve

some body has been asking in the last couple days bout the first gen i dont know, maybe...
    which reminds me i joined like the second time i came to ck5, but this guy was saying he couldnt see the pics i posted cause he wasnt a member. i remember seeing pics when i first came on... what do you think?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  7. gambit420s

oh yeah and heres the run down

86 s-10 blazer 4x4
    2.8 TBI (gone)
    t-5 (gone)
    231 or 241 (gone)
    7.625 10blt 3.73 gears with r gov loc and late model 30 spl axles (but i'm going to change these back to open carrier and 26-28 spl axles unless you want to buy them)
    a/c that did work till moron cut the line( he got a face full of ester oil :doah:, dumbass... ) prob just need new orifice tube and filter/drier, or go 134a
    brakes, drive axles are still in ok shape
    body has been repainted, only once so far a i can tell, but always red.
    no rust to speak of, dont think it ever had roof rack, glass is all good
    rear hatch lock doesn't function, still opens/latches gate but the glass doesnt latch
    vinyl seats and rubber floor mat(no carpet)
    manual windows
    all of the body wiring is intact, most of the tbi wiring is good too(a few were cut by the moron i sold the engine to. after he got the ester oil in his face he stopped cutting stuff at random... :haha: )
    hydro clutch
    rad is gone condenser isn't
    at one time there was a small ign coil fire,(why i got it for free) i repaired it but it prob melted the hood insulation as it is gone, but the hood you'll prob get still has insulation
    hood latch cable is busted as is the p-brake release cable, not the brake cable just the little one that is connected to the release handle
    i might take the dash if you wont need it, we can work this out.
    if you want really good body panels i still have the original doors but i'm going to swap the clip onto another truck, but you could have em just not for free
    the paint thats on it is really good i buffed and waxed it when i first got it and it looked really good...
    the front valence panel is slightly damaged as is one of the headlight bezels but i think i have another you can have or i have a later one piece chrome
    gmc grille but that wouldnt be free

basically you can have it with body panels that have bad paint or for a little cash i'll put the orig doors and leave the hood/fenders but i'd still want the rear locker(you get open and small shafts either way) i have 4 s-series trucks/blazers so i have a bunch of other good parts if you just let me know what kind of truck youre trying to build

two weeks should give me time to swap every thing over that i want but i'd need to know soon so i can get started
    i would also seperate the frame&body to lighten your load as i could use it to build a buggy with my take off axles from my burb

where you going in sevierville?

ps. want the last 1st gen s-blazer(95-96?) 4.3 MPFI Vortec too $400?

8. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Had a lilitary buudy name Terry from there when I was in SD. His dad was the local preacher if I remember correctly.

9. gambit420s

havent you heard?? they kicked all the locals out to build a starbucks... :angry1: :angry1:

10. Bushwhacker

I really only need a good shell with doors. I plan to cut the back top off and cut out the doors for half doors and tube the front end. Have you got some good 4.3 motors with FI? I have a friend needing one for a yota swap. I will give you a call this week and get some more info. Thanks,

Clay

11. gambit420s

ok well will the white doors work for ya?? you can always rattle can em...
    call me
    and yeah i have one 4.3 MPFI/TPI Vortec. it came from a 2wd blazer 95 i think, it had 4l60e trans, i have the computer, and i put a brand new GM 4wd pan on it cause i was going to stick it in a truck but i just havent got around to it(7-8yrs).... only had like 50K on it when i got it, but it was from a wreck. you might need a v/cover as these are plastic and its cracked and leaked. but i saw it run well when i pulled it. it has the engine harness but i dont know if the chassis harness is complete for 500 he can have everything i have left, dash, comp, abs sys, interior parts and etc, i pretty much stripped it all but the trans, cuz i didn't think i needed or could use it :doah:

12. gambit420s

13. Bushwhacker

Man ain't that some shiat! Bastards!! People like that just dont even need to exist! Hate that for ya.

Clay