Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FREE LABOR! Bored on business in CT.

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by 77 Mud Buddy, Jul 14, 2003.

1. 77 Mud Buddy

77 Mud Buddy 1/2 ton status

Howdy y'all,
    I'm from the Austin, TX area but am here in Danbury CT. on business for a month with nothing to do on the weekends and or after 5pm daily. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Any body have a project you need help with? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Anybody going on any wheeling trips and need a spoter? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif Anbody have too much beer in their fridge and need to get rid of it? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Post back or call me... i'm bored!

Prescott
    Cell 512-658-1255

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm about 2.5 hours North of you in MA. We are having a truck pull on the 26th of July if you are interested. I could probably find you plenty of brewskies, and a place to crash if you are interested and willing to drive. PM me and let me know. Also I will be in CT (farther north in East Windsor) that morning if you want to meet and follow me up.

3. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

I'm going on vacation Friday of this week and next week. I will be back on the 26th of July. On the 27th of July I will be heading to Mass for a 4x4 hill climb, you are more than welcome to tag along. I also have plenty of work to do on my Blazer, including tearing apart my donor truck. I also have plenty of beer in the fridge, or should I say Kegalator. I'm about 45 min to an hour from Danbury.

4. 77 Mud Buddy

A truck pull eh! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Thanks for the invite, Is that like a tractor pull I might have seen on TV? Is there other events going on at the same place or mainly a truck pull? Any more info on the event, like a web site, <font color="red"> never mind, just checked out your link to http://www.truckpulls.com ...</font> or is it a low key kind of deal.

At 2.5 hours away I might just be interested!

Thanks,
    Prescott

5. 77 Mud Buddy

I'm free after 5pm Mon-Fri and all of Sat &amp; Sun till Aug 8th. You need help? I'm there! Just let me know when your going to be working on you Blazer and I can be available. Probably at your place by 6pm ... depending on traffic, I dont know how bad traffic gets around here? My office phone here is 203-740-5375, My cell is 512-658-1255. Just let me know! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    Prescott

6. Leadfoot

Saturday the 26th morning I am headed to CT for Whirlyball ( www.whirlyball.com ), then to the truck pulls, then to a party. Sunday I am headed to the Quaboag rider's hill-climb. I will check with NoAngel, if you want you should be able to crash at her place Saturday night, that way if you do come Saturday, you do not have to worry about heading back too soon. Let me know, my cell is (413) 427-5269.

7. 77 Mud Buddy

Leadfoot, i'll call you today when I get a chance!

8. 77 Mud Buddy

So what's going on this weekend, any wrenchin? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif any wheelin? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif any drinkin? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Need any company? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

9. 77 Mud Buddy

Well, It looks like my stay has been extneded to Aug 30th. I'm still available for any wrenchin or wheelin near Danbury CT.

10. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Hey if you're stayin till Aug. 30th, I'm getting my D44 and 14Bff sometime next week. I'm about 1.5 hrs away from you, in Agawam, Ma. If you want, you could come wrench w/ me so I don't have to bust my back doing it solo. BTW I'll have 4.88 gears, a detroit and 36" swampers, similar to what you're running /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I also have to put my flowmaster exhaust in, put my valve covers back on, plugs, wires, cap/rotor and oil change, but most of that will be done tomorrow or this weekend. Lookin foreward to some company /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If not, enjoy your stay in the east coast. -Rob-

11. Leadfoot

My sister is going back to Cali on August 4th. I have work to do on my own rigs, but would be willing to meet and give you a hand after that date. I'm sure NoAngel wouldn't mind watching, wrenching, learning as well. Let me know.
    Are you planning to go to the Hillclimbs on Sunday?
    77 Mud Buddy, NoAngel, and I are going to my clubs truck pulls on Saturday and then to the hillclimbs on Sunday. If you need a ride or want to join us, give my cell a call 413 427-5269 (leave a message as I don't alway hear it while mowing).

12. 77 Mud Buddy

As stated in Leadfoot's post, I'm going to be busy this weekend with the truck pull and hill climb. Besides that I am pretty much available. You gonna make the tuck pull / hill climb?

I am more than willing to give you a hand with you axle stuff. You say you are probably going to get the axles next week? So next weekend you'll be wrenchin? That sounds good to me. I guess PM me or call me to let me know when? where? and what kind of beer you drink.

Prescott
    cell 512-658-1255

13. TruckNutzDude

I'll hopefully have my axles by Thursday /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif The only reason I have to wait so long is because I'll have nobody to help unload them when I get em home until then. I'm going to the hill climb but I'm not too sure about the truck pull... Where's the truck pull happening so I can get directions? Oh and about the beer, root beer is all I'm allowed at the moment since I'm 19 /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif But there's a package store down the street so your mouth won't be dry if you decide to come help! I'll try and call everyone later today, if I remember. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

14. 77 Mud Buddy

Damn, I'm a dumb ass! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifI forgot my wife is coming to visit next weekend! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I am more than willing to help with the axles the weekend after, if you havent already finished that task! Sorry if I got your hopes up! I feel like schmuck for offering then having to back out! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif As for the beer, ... no biggie, I dont need it /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif( at least that is what my counsler tells me /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif...J/K)

15. TruckNutzDude

No biggie, I didn't have my hopes up, I enjoy working by myself. I always feel like I've accomplished more when I don't have help. If I do by chance need help I'll just post up again /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Maybe I'll see you Sunday at the hill climbs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Too bad your stay won't go into September /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I'll hopefully have everything for my BIG swap by then
    D60, 14BFF, 4" TC's, ORD HD shackles and Shackle flip.

OH yeah, then it's just a 4 hour drive South /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. 77 Mud Buddy

I'd be up for it if I were around! However I still am scheduled to leave the Aug 30th... I'm looking forward to getting back to my trucks... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and wife /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif!

18. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

I would like to thank 77 MUD BUDDY for helping me remove my 3/4 ton axles from my pink beauty. Prescott is the nicest guy and a great worker. I couldn't have done it without him. Thanks again.
    [​IMG]
    Slim

19. 77 Mud Buddy

AHW SCHUCKS! It was nuttin. Besides I had fun helping!

Thanks for taking a lonely and out of town CK5 guy in for the weekend....(that's me)!