Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FREE MEMBERSHIP GIVE AWAY & open invite for new england meet in DEC

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by milspecjimmy, Nov 16, 2002.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

Heres an open invite to all who wish to attend, were going to have a meet in North Conway New Hampshire on DECEMBER 8TH. 2002. no trail riding as of yet, this is mostly going to be a meet and eat. well cruise through town and maybe out to a senic mtn road, then go for a late lunch/early dinner at a decent resturant. It will be fun for all, and a good chance to meet some of the awesome people on here and have a great time. any one who wants to go should pm me so i can get a head count so i can make reservations at a resturant. hope to see you in dec.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. milspecjimmy

Re: open invite for new england meet in DEC

ITS official, if we get 10 or more at the meet, well have a drawing for a $25 dollar gift certificate to CK5 that can be used for membership, or any item from the CK5 merchandise list.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. milspecjimmy

any one?
    i had a killer response on the whos in maine/nh post. where are you guys?

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Geez, I dunno how many yankees surf this board have diesels? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. milspecjimmy

look at my pics and take a look at my dads 85 CUCV with 51000 miles on it, that may go if it wil draw a crowd /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. milspecjimmy

would saturday the 7th be better? i picked sunday figuring that most people work on saturday. let me know!

7. milspecjimmy

WE ARE A GO for DEC 14th, see you all there. looking at meeting at the COG RAIL STATION at about 2 pm. well have good light, be able to talk and take some pics, then choose a place for dinner. there will be plenty of things to do and a lot of shops. so bring a camera and a warm jacket. See you all there.

8. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Geez, I dunno how many yankees surf this board have diesels?

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's because we know better than to use diesels in cold climates (sometimes -20 below).

J/K /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Actually, my buddy bought a 2002 Duromax/Allison and I can't get over the power even compared to my Bro-in-law's chipped Cummins. We have towed everything under the sun, and things that I pulled with my pulling truck. The power down low is amazing and fuel comsumption is amazing. Now it has me thinking diesel.......has to be Turbo though. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. BanksBurban

BanksBurban Registered Member

I'd go, but I work weekends /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif and 3rd gear slips....and the ball joints are shot....and.....

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif