Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Free Membership giveaway sponsored by "thatK30guy" (Vote Now)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Rebel88, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Re: Free Membership giveaway sponsored by \"thatK30guy\"

excellent idea wes...and steve for putting it into action...this definitely should be entertaining

Later

2. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Well, I cant afford 25 bucks because i live in canada so that makes it 38 bucks canadian. And I Just spent 3000.00 on school in the last month and only have 12 hour a week at work. I spent 700 bucks on 38's for my 72 K20, not to mention a grand on a lift kit(pricey up here), and puked both front shafts, so I now need a Dana 60, which I have located for 1000.00 and am gonna buy. Also need new rear drivshaft cause mines starting to look like a pretzel, and needs to be shortened anyways cause i bought a SWB stepside box for it(100.00). My insurance on my road truck was due last month and cost me 3200.00 (18 years old+V8+Heavy foot=high premiums)SO that is why I cant afford the membership. Add it up and its 8 grand I have already spent in two months and i still need a Dana 60 and a driveshaft /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif It never ends. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

3. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

okay, we'll, here's the truth. I let my mother in law and brother in law move in with us. They're both druggies. They pretty much borrowed all our money and trashed our house. We ended up losing the house because of it. So we moved into a rental house. We had two cars at the time, a 97 Dakota SLT 2x4 with a 318 and a 97 eclipse convertible. We all lived in this rental house, we were charging the mother and brother in laws to live in the back, I think they paid their rent twice. They continued to borrow money ( and we were dumb enough to keep giving it to them) and then the mother gets arrested for filling false prescriptions and almost got my wife (who was 81/2 months pregnant arrested too because she was using my wife's name on some of the prescriptions). So I catch my bother in law and his brother packing up one day, not even going to tell us they were leaving. We ended up getting evicted from that house and moved into a little tiny apartment. On my birthday after we moved in, both our cars got repo'd, so we had to borrow a friends maxima (like an 85 I think, the fan didn't work, you had to turn it on with a switch). We also had a baby in that time period. So now, we have 2 kids, 2 dogs (1 being a 140 lb Great dane) and we're living in an apt that doesn't allow dogs. So I have to get up at 2 am every night to sneak the dogs out. We get evicted from there because they suck (not because of the dogs mind you, but because they wanted us out...a really long story) and move into another apartment. We finally bought a car, a 99 Kia Sephia, and I found my truck. We scraped the money togther to buy that, and found it had bad brakes, so we parked that until we get the money together to buy the parts to do the brakes, I did those, now I'm saving up for an oil/all the filters change and praying nothing brakes. I also have to work in the Kia because it now needs brakes. On top of that Insurance in FL is killing me, we have rent, feeding the dogs, two small mouths to feed. How's that for pathetic. I can't afford parts for my truck, much less a membership right now. Hook a guy up.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

oh this is going to be good /forums/images/icons/grin.gif thankyou Steve and Wes /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Cost me $41 with the service charge for a Money Order...

Rene

6. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

forgot about that, better tack that on too....

7. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i dont know if i can beat that but i just got a $300 ticket that still needs to be paid. my insurance premiums just went up to about $200 a month and is due on the 17th. i owe a co-worker some money for a corp 14 and rollcage that i took. im starting school on the 23rd and have to pay $1000 in tuition and buy books on top of that. and my work hours are gonna get cut back really hard because of school. and im only making $7.75 and hour.

8. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

to bad BRBoudreaux is already a member I would like to see a story from him /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

9. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

This is why i need a member ship:
    [​IMG]
    I have to buy a whole new rear end, I dont think i can afford a membership

10. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

How about membership renewal?
    Let's see, bought a 14BFF fully dressed from Wes (that alone should be enough for a kickback /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ), at the same time I bought a D60. Two days after I picked them up from forward air I got laid off from the company I've been working at for 8 yrs and now can't afford to get the wheels/tires to put my new axles on /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I'll take any donations I can get /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

11. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Wow! Wes has put himself in a real life Popularity Contest! J/K /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Hey Steve, can you please add a category for a "shoe in"? I want to vote for <font color="orange">M_J</font color>. I dig his "one-liners". Gotta love those canadians! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> A winner! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I think zcarczar should get it for having the coolest picture I've seen in months... And I'm not sure if a guy with a username pronounced "Ball Sack" should win /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif </font color>

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd vote for zcarczar. I really feel for someone with a broken pile of parts like in that pic. I also know how hard it is trying to fix things on a no budjet, and a membership should make his day.

14. Hunden

Hunden Registered Member

I am a Marine, So we know I am already broke. Also I live in Southern CA so everything is expensive, my wife just lost her job 2 days after buying a new car. Now she can't find a new job. I can only check this site at work now because we cut off out internet and cable to save money. We had to eat our dog for dinner last week, couldn't afford to feed her anymore, ran out of propane about half way through, and had to eat her half raw. Wasn't bad though. If my cat's don't stop eating so much they are next. I just hope my wife gets a job soon or I will have to sell one of my trucks.
    Well I hope you guys can find it in your heart to vote for me, not that I will ever buy anything from you cause I am broke but it would be nice.
    Thanks
    Homeless and hungry.

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think it's really cool of thatK30guy to pay for someones membership. Wish I would have thought of it. Props man, props

16. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

ok well here goes. i'm only 18 and livin with my parents. we don't have enough money to pay for college for me so i'm gonna try and do it for myself but a job that makes about 100 bux a week doesn't help when i have bills to pay. my blazer don't run and it don't move. if it moves wheels fall off. lol. been sittin for 5 months. well i have till mondy to move it and all my stuff cuss my parents are gettin evicted from this house. oh and on top of that my dad is gettin laid off due to texas derugulation. stupid electricity law. its gonna be tough for him to find a job cuss hes already 53. my mom doesn't make much. i only make 5.50 and work like 13 to 15 hrs a week. if the truck was running i wouldn't have gas or insurance to pay for it. i've really wanted to become a member. i mean i've been here damn near a year and i love this site. always wanted to send 25 bux but didn't have the money. well to whoever gets the membership congrats and to wes for doing this. real good guy for doin it. haha m j should try for this. would be funny to see him orange. well later.

jacob

17. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Oooh, starving college student and a guy that gets in dire straits from nothing more than trying to help out unapreciative family members... I thought this was supposed to be entertaining? I'm gettin depressed... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif </font color>

18. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

this does sound depressing. lol. but even tho all this $hit is goin on i'm still in the jokin mood i'm always in. always will be like that. just need to find me a suga momma. lol. later.

jacob

19. red66scout

red66scout Registered Member

I could use teh free membership, since school is $10,000 a semester. Room and board is another $2500 a semester. My Scout is getting new axles, a cage, 37 MTRs, beadlocks, full hydro steering, a winch, fuel cell, and loads of other stuff. I had a girlfriend over the summer, so you know I did not have any money to save from my job. I get 10 mpg, and I am taking 16.5 hours worth of hard ass classes, so I might be able to get 12 hours a week working at a job some where for minimum wage. What better way to get me to get a K5 then by giving me a ColoardoK5 membership?

20. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Suck it up wus.[​IMG] I'll sell you a K5 body to make that scout a real rig. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif