Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FREE MONEY,, this is not a scam.. Finders fee

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by camiswelding, Aug 23, 2003.

1. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a
    late 80s k30 crew cab 3 + 3 SRW 4 x 4
    must be mint or in excellent condition
    from a rust free western state>> I will fly in to buy the right truck
    premium paid for a tbi smallblock
    any trim level... stock to mild custom
    I WILL PAY A FINDERS FEE TO YOU DIRECTLY if I buy the truck
    I will post and repost this until I find the elusive vehicle I want.. I rather pay one of you than a wholesaler
    cam
    abstractmetal@earthlink.net
    /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

2. crossy

crossy 1/2 ton status

well listen to this . I was at an auction this morning. I went specifically for an astro van for my dad just for the drivetrain. It was to be one of the last vehicles to go that day. I only took a few hundred $ because the astro was wrecked. I spotted the exact truck you were looking for in the corner with a number that was not listed in my books. I had all the books with listings and been the day before to view vehicles. I saw nothing else interesting at that time. well 25 vehicles before my dads , which I did not win, they let this 89 4x4 3500 SRW 350TBI go for $375.It was a stripper model with only dual large front lights and the body was beat up but on the easy to replace parts,no rust showing.117K . I didn't feel too bad about it because it won't fit in my garage but as an avid 73-87 pickup guy it killed me to know that I had enough on me to buy it especially after loosing the astro van. I always tell the wife I would like to make one into a short box. I looked up the guy who bought it only to find out that he ,like most there that day,did not speak clear english so I walked away as he held up 10 fingers, I guess meaning a thousand bucks? I had only one finger I needed for him. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif DAVE

3. camiswelding

yea,, make me cry... just so everyone knows I just let the truck get away in arizona,, it sold in 15 minutes with 71 k original miles.. an 86 3 + 3 srw orig owner with a prefect carfax report.. it went for full list 5950.00
    BUT there are others out there and the "estate" truck that has been parked on someones ranch in a heated barn and never used except to put an occasional rose in the bed by fi -fi and her husband antoine.. and they dont even know how to engage the transfer case THATS WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR
    and am prepared to spend the bucks for
    EMAIL ME ... abstractmetal@earthlink,net

4. crossy

crossy 1/2 ton status

If you have carfax already thats fine but go by your gut feeling more so. there are still states that will 'scrub' a title clean so the scammers can start over. I am sure thats how all these 70's musclecars keep showing up with 'low' mileage.

5. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Was it burgandy and tan? If it was I was just going to send the info on it to you. It looked sweet.

6. camiswelding

yes that was the one.. in the auto trader.. went to a wholesaler for whatever reason... sold immediately
    yes and carfax means nothing to me ... only my inspection counts
    thanks for looking everyone.. I would rather pay one of you that has an eye for chevies instead of some greased stained tie alcoholic cheating used car salesman... I cant find one here in California yet,,, Im not afraid to spend top dollar for a mint truck.... nor am I shy about paying the finders fee to find it.. really want a smallblock to match my k30 dually and my k30 /k5
    cam

7. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I'll keep looking, I'm always on the hunt. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Found one for ya, right down the street from me. I pm'ed you info and sent a few pics to the email in your profile /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. camiswelding

thanks jeff and everyone else... Jeff not the truck I wanted its too modified for me.. I want the creampuff mild stocker
    cam

10. camiswelding

ok I continue to get stories about the perfect truck that your buddy or father in law just got but wont sell.. that doesnt help me folks... by now most of you have read this thread and I have feelers out all over the western us... but somebody knows where this truck is that I want... now there may be a couple of later years (89-91) v3500 straight axles running around made up of leftover chevy/ gmc stuff while gm was running the ifs concurrently and of course thses are definately what Im looking for...
    THE FEE IS STILL AVAILABLE... remember to im me as I dont always look here
    cam /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif