Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

free online virus scanner

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Aug 22, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

just to make sure everyone knows, this is justone of several good free online virus scanners, i use this one alot, sinc ei have XP and no virus programs

lately theres been a huge rashof worms and stuff, ive noticed,
    not good....

you can turn them in in the yahoo mail program, most all come through emails
    i dontknow of any other way to turn them in to help mail servers ot improve filtering, does anyone know ?

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I use Housecall too. It is a good program. It helped me git rid of a trogan horse I had in my registry a while back. It was a annoying little thing that sent out E mails to spammers everytime I was online. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    The more you use housecall the faster it works and it is updated with all the latest virus stuff

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I just used housecall last night and found 5 of the KLEZ worms. Got them deleted from the Symantec removal tool That Todd had let me know about.

I'm still having trouble with a bunch of crap on my Yahoo e-mail account. I keep getting a bunch of stuff returned to me that I never sent in the first place. A bunch of virus warnings, too.

Also, when ever I scroll the pages, the screen is very choppy going up or down. Doestn't scroll smoothly anymore. Even as I type this, the letters don't show up til I'm done typing.

I tried scanning for viruses on my Norton and once I start it, about 4 oer 5 seconds later, I get a small window that says "no viruses detected in scan." This is total B.S. I got a different Norton disc today from a co-worker and downloaded it to find it do the exact same thing as my old Norton. Something is not right here and I don't know what to do. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

on the Norton site they have a free online scanner try that oh and read my post about my virus it sounds like the same thing thats happening to you on yahoo